Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iElectribe sale!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: iElectribe sale! Reply with quote

From the iTunes page: "We are holding a special sale, 50% off until January 16th!"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/korg-ielectribe/id363714043?mt=8#
outbackyak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are they selling it for on the US iTunes, and what does it normally sell for?

On the Australian iTunes it's $12.99 which I think is the regular price (?)
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally it is € 15,98 and now € 7,99.
I don't know the Australian prices, but on every page I see the "We are holding a special sale, 50% off until January 16th!".
I presumed that was a global action, but I don't know that for sure.

Since I didn't had the iElectribe I found it an interesting offer.
outbackyak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - it is 50% off here too!

That gives me about 45 minutes to make up my mind Laughing

Thanks!
outbackyak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I don't think so - too limited.

No song function (patterns only), only 4 PCM and 4 synth sounds, limited programming functions. Beats only.

Pass. There are other apps I want more, so I'll save my money for them.

My bet is they are about to release Version 2 and it won't be a free upgrade. Probably milking the last few pennies out of this one.

Thanks anyway!
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem. Too many possibilities and options.

I had a hardware Electribe once and though I never regret selling it, I always liked the electribe, so I wanted to buy this app eventually.

There are so many interesting apps and possibilities with the iPad...not only music related. My wishlist is still growing.
outbackyak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom_1970 wrote:
That's the problem. Too many possibilities and options.

I had a hardware Electribe once and though I never regret selling it, I always liked the electribe, so I wanted to buy this app eventually.

There are so many interesting apps and possibilities with the iPad...not only music related. My wishlist is still growing.

And it is so hard to find good independent reviews, or search the app store! It's insane that they group all the music apps together - a person who is just interested in synths doesn't want to have to sort through all the other stuff, and a person who is interested in sophisticated music creation apps certainly doesn't want to wade through stuff like iXylophone and the endless array of awful karaoke machine apps.

Why don't iTunes have a tagging feature so developers could tag their apps with things like type of app, price range, features etc? Then you could search by tags - are you only interested in multitrack audio recorders today? Then search for that tag and it will bring them all up. Narrow down your search by using extra tags like price range (e.g. $10 to $20), or by number of tracks, or by highest rated,or by biggest selling or whatever.

I bet there are some wonderful apps languishing at the bottom of the pile that never sell simply because no one has ever heard of them. Tagging would give those apps an opportunity to be found by potential buyers.

I regret at least a couple of my purchases already - Multitrack DAW for one, which I bought on a recommendation on another forum. I'd have got an infinitely more sophisticated equivalent for the same price if I had bought studio.HD http://www.soundtrends.com/apps/studiohd-1 (not to be confused with Studio - HD, which is a different app), or for a lot more money (but includes quality guitar and bass amp sims) I could have got Amplitube.

I'll probably regret not getting the iElectribe - too late now, it's the 17th here now in Australia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: