Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS and KorgForums ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: KRONOS and KorgForums ideas Reply with quote

Hi

I'm really excited with the launch of the KRONOS, sadly I've to wait like a year to buy one (studies/job reasons) maybe it would be a nice xmas self-present xD

But I've remembered a few threads across Korg Forums and I'm really pleased becoz the KRONOS cover almost all the request from the KORG users.

KORG has proven again that they are listeting/reading to their users/fan base and working for and with them

Maybe would be fun to think what desired features requested on Korg Forums are present on the KRONOS and surelly more than one will find that this is the most close (still now) to our dreamed synth, lol...

just look here

Quote:
maybe the path for the hardware synth is make use of modern hardware and integrate it on a synth.

-Internal Flash Drives: the price is low, and u can have easily a couple of 16-32GB drives for samples/software besides a ROM

-High Speed RAM: 2-4GB not to load the whole sample library, its an old concept for slow hard-drives and slow speed RAM. the RAM could be used for more dynamic process and load only the samples used on that moment.

-Sample to Flash Drive/USB/etc: avaliable on Korg since the Triton Extreme.

-Maybe its not necessary a x86 CPU but the possibility to expand the synthesis techniques via software its very interesting and the advance on the OASYS OS and the use of x86 CPU is very important just to despise it, and the prices now are a lot lower now, becoz the development its done in great part.

-And the most important... PC integration... not only Editor/Librarian Software, also a improvemet on the sequencer and a converter to import sampled libraries... and maybe a SDK for 3rd-party software developers.. imagine some Native Instruments for Korg. This does not mean open-source or free, the price of a SDK could be very high.

-I almost forget it!!!... maybe a way to not have the annoying sound glitch/cut when u change programs/combis/songs/tracks/or modes xD... maybe the use of RAM could help, or some kind of multitasking or instance on the CPU/OS could help to solve that problem.

except for the SDK is everything there xD

on the other hand its fun to me to read threads about people moaning about the lack a synths engines just with the purpose to moan about something, becoz almost all the "lacking" engines are present, except for physical modeled winds, reed and bows, but all the others lacking synths are covered with the AL-1 and MOD-7 so, before complain, please read the specs. seriously, the KRONOS has 9 synth engines beside 1-3 from the competition.

other fun thing to me is the "lack of rubber pads" thing, a real minor feature on a worstation (usefull, but not a requirement to be a workstation/synth). if someone like/dislike something is in his right, but it should be fun to read the same person (and the replies) on a Roland forum or even a Yamaha/Kurzweil/etc forum complaing about the lack of major features like the lack of synths engines, of multiGB samples or absolute abscence of cut-off with prohgrams/combis changes, nor to metion the lack of other minor feats like touchscreen. xD

Regards.
Alvaro.
TonyGen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS and KorgForums ideas Reply with quote

Ozz wrote:

But I've remembered a few threads across Korg Forums and I'm really pleased becoz the KRONOS cover almost all the request from the KORG users.

KORG has proven again that they are listeting/reading to their users/fan base and working for and with them

er, I think Oasys users were probably looking for Korg to provide and support these updates for the Oasys....not for them to be included in another machine based on the Oasys... Confused
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS and KorgForums ideas Reply with quote

TonyGen wrote:
Ozz wrote:

er, I think Oasys users were probably looking for Korg to provide and support these updates for the Oasys....not for them to be included in another machine based on the Oasys... Confused

Quite Mr Gen, quite.

Interesting to note that with all the opinions in this forum and several non-English forums of O users, not a single comment from Korg.

Whilst we can wonder why they didn't mention OASYS to industry journalists who know all about OASYS, during the Kronos press launch, anyone care to suggest why Korg is deliberately electing NOT to respond to any of the views from O users?

Hmmmm... Confused
Ozz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

not all the ideas on the forum are pointing to the OASYS, a lot, yeah, but no all.

Some are found on old ideas about a replacement over the Triton Extreme and other for a replacemente on the M3, if you look fine, you should find some ideas on threads about the OpenLabs Neko and Lionstracs Mediastation, other on a custom synth made by X-Trade.. also tpantano and xmlguy have talk about that on other threads.

That particular quote is from a more ethereal thread
Keyboards Soon To Be Dead?

Also, the OASYS saw a few softwares upgrades with not only samples, but also synth engines.. its a shame that its unsupported now, but that platform its outdated and extremely expensive right now.

Regards.
Alvaro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: