Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano sounds good...but what about other acoustic sounds??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Piano sounds good...but what about other acoustic sounds?? Reply with quote

Dear Korg,

So far you have been showing off about the gigabyte piano sounds.

what about the rest of the acoustic and real instrument sounds?
GUITARS/SITARS? (the demo guitar/sitar sucks bad - it sounds like a radio shack casiotone)
BRASS?
SYMPHONY?
MULTI-LAYER ACOUSTIC DRUMS? (acoustic drum demos so far weren't impressive)
WORLD PERCUSSION?
ACOUSTIC BASSES?
NATURAL SOUND FX?

Isn't there like 30 gigs on the SSD out of which only 12 gigs are used now?

i am not going to jump the bandwagon 'oh wow!' liek before. I am going to carefully evaluate and see if this is a workstation I can use *SINGLE* on stage and still put up a pretty cool show esp with acoustic instruments for a LONG PERIOD OF TIME! major investment means I need this for atleast a decade or more so i will have some money for retirement in the future.

The big self challenge is: can i make an album for an entire movie using only Kronos (and perhaps a computer sequencer) and still sound very professional and not cheesy?
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion to you guys (Korg) will be to compare your acoustic drums with that of EZ Drummer, your acoustic basses with Trillian, your guitars with Musiclab RealGuitar, your symphonic sounds with East West Vienna, your brass sounds with Arturia's brass plug-in.

I thank you guys for changing the game for sure, but please consider these. I am not asking you to replicate the plug-ins. Korg will have its own sound. What I am refering to is the depth of realism.

The software era is now kicking major butt on hardware companies, so its great to see you the 1st ones to follow suit.
biggrime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritonlover2000 wrote:
One suggestion to you guys (Korg) will be to compare your acoustic drums with that of EZ Drummer, your acoustic basses with Trillian, your guitars with Musiclab RealGuitar, your symphonic sounds with East West Vienna, your brass sounds with Arturia's brass plug-in.

I thank you guys for changing the game for sure, but please consider these. I am not asking you to replicate the plug-ins. Korg will have its own sound. What I am refering to is the depth of realism.

The software era is now kicking major butt on hardware companies, so its great to see you the 1st ones to follow suit.

You again lol. My 2 cents. The high end software is very very expensive and people would bitch and cry about the price of a keyboard that could do all that.. I do agree that they need to try to compete but, realistically no. a vst such as symphobia is $1249. Once you put together all the high end software you are talking gig and gig and gigs no terabytes of samples. Do I think Korg is on its way to give us that. Yes but, its going to take time. This is a business and you have to think how can I make e a keyboard that is affordable yet powerful. Not how can I make a software sampler that plays a lot of samples and not worry about the cost to reproduce(Well not as much as korg).

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard about "East West Vienna" Laughing

And for god' sakes, seriously, FORGET ABOUT OLD s**t LIKE MUSICLAB PRODUCTS. They suck.
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If musiclab (which I assume u ve never used) sucks, then what about Kronos guitars? Lol
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigrime, gigabytes of samples mean nothing... East west Goliath and sample tank workstations suck. So does cubase halion.
in fact mos plugins have that thin papery quality.

However there are some premiumplugin and that's what I was comparing to.

Hardware companies do a better job with sound quality so a 30gb ssd sample library would sound like 300gb east west library. Most of east west library, etc suck because even if they have gigs of samples their synth engines (filters etc ) sound like garbage!

So concluding, I was asking Korg to check with the select few softwares.
Slovenec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arturia Brass for good sounding brass/sax sounds..... YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!! LOL

This plug in doesn't sound convincing even with a midi wind controller!

Seriously, I don't expect Korg or any other company to bring out a workstation with the sound coverage of hundreds of GBs of softsynths. However, I'd most certainly expect Kronos to sound better than Motif XF, (720MB ROM), Roland Fantom G (256MB ROM) and Korg M3 (256 bass ROM/over 600MB Xpanded).

If it's acoustic sounds are on par with the above competition, then there's seriously something flawed with Korg's multi GB library!!!!

Saying that, the Kronos isn't even released yet and the time to check the quality of it's acoustic emulations is by using a good pair of headphones or quality monitoring system away from a noisy music shop..... when the instrument is actually on the market!!!! Smile
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritonlover2000 wrote:
If musiclab (which I assume u ve never used) sucks, then what about Kronos guitars? Lol

I have used both extensively and I do know what I'm talking about. Don't just "assume" the facts you can't confirm! Since I got Orange Tree Evolution Guitar, I never really use MusicLab products ever again, because they are THAT MUCH INFERIOR to OTS stuff.

Also, guitars in workstations are of very little concern for me. I have a real guitarist in the band. Laughing Laughing Laughing In the studio, however, I will use the best thing out there to get my guitars working when I don't have a real guitarist on hand. And that, my friend, are not workstations. ANY of them isn't realistic enough (no, even that Roland or Yamaha). In studio, I will use only OTS guitars/basses.
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously dude, are you an OTE guitar sales rep?

i don't care if it is OTE or real guitar. and to my ear, real guitar sounds phenomenal.

i was making the point of comparing Kronos' guitar with VST guitar modelers that's all.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a guy who found a much better product than RealGuitar. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: