Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm back, need a little time to catch up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: I'm back, need a little time to catch up! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know I'm back from the NAMM show. Sorry I was absent for so long, but after the KRONOS launch, now you understand why I've been so busy. It's going to be a very good year. Smile

Give me some time to go through the threads and try to get to all your questions. It may take a while, but I'll do my best to provide all the info I can.

Please understand that as always, I need to follow protocol, and there are some questions I won't be able to answer. The reasons could be:

1. We don't publicize the answer as part of our documentation or specs, or it's not public information
2. It relates to other products from other manufacturers
3. Company policy doesn't permit me to answer
4. It's a matter of personal opinion
5. A complete answer isn't available yet
6. I don't know. Hopefully that's the rarest reason. Smile

...or other reasons yet unknown.

So, please don't be offended if I can't answer. It's not because I don't want to.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, please keep them coming. Off to browse the threads...

-Rich
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm back, need a little time to catch up! Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
Please understand that as always, I need to follow protocol, and there are some questions I won't be able to answer. The reasons could be:

1. We don't publicize the answer as part of our documentation or specs, or it's not public information
3. Company policy doesn't permit me to answer
5. A complete answer isn't available yet
6. I don't know. Hopefully that's the rarest reason. Smile
...or other reasons yet unknown.

or, as once said a man who had more or less your same love of secrecy and roundabout explanations,

"there are known unknowns, and unknown unknowns" Rolling Eyes

Judging from your jargon, next thing we know, Korg is probably gonna bomb Iraq! Shocked

Last edited by ozy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm back, need a little time to catch up! Reply with quote

Hey RichF, I wasn't aware you're here as well. Haven't talked with you in quite awhile, back since we did those Superman themes at NAMM Smile I'm sure you remember that Smile

I see you've been busy Smile Whatcha been up to lately? Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.

Last edited by vEddY on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm back, need a little time to catch up! Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

or, as a wise man said, "there are known unknowns, and unknown unknowns"
Next thing we know, Korg is gonna bomb Iraq!

And there he goes calling Donald Rumsfeld a wise man Smile If I was D.R., I'd be worried Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich

I think your item 3 will cover my posts (but will be truly delighted if am proved wrong!).

Just want to say this for the avoidance of doubt to you - or to people on this forum; my comments have not, and are not, personally based. They are not aimed at any individual, particularly those who comment here.

That said, when you browse the threads, you will see that I am not a lone voice in the wilderness. I hope that Korg takes this on board and thinks about it.

Kronos is going to be good for Korg, of course it is - it is the essence of another board that people could only dream of having. That board is OASYS and there is no way of disguising that fact - confirmed by the published Kronos specs.

And yes, I will continue to press for positive action from Korg; be under no doubt. There are too many issues felt by too many people (on this and non-English speaking forums) for me to let it go. I hope (earnestly) that someone in Korg marketing wakes up and realises that a) they can pacify an understandably frustated and disappointed customer base and b) they can convince Kronos buyers that they're not going to be left high-and-dry before long either.

As I have posted many times before, it is in Korg's capability to turn this all around to their favour...
robinkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the Kronos representation about 15 times. I believe that Kronos will get into my hands faster that way. I need to watch it again.
I wished though that the MOD-7 could get a similar demo to the Piano.
But anyways. Good job Rich!
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
I think instead of RichF going through all the threads...its really growing out of proportion, a special thread should be started: Ask RichF, or Questions to RichF.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Jive Talking Robot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^I could not agree more. It would make it easier for someone trying to get an answer as well.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,
Hope you had a nice NAMM!! Great demo you did when i was there! And it was a pleasure meeting you(even if we didn't talk for long). Hope you had time to change the batteries in your little PowerPoint gizmo. Very Happy

Blink
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
Hi Rich,
Hope you had a nice NAMM!! Great demo you did when i was there! And it was a pleasure meeting you(even if we didn't talk for long). Hope you had time to change the batteries in your little PowerPoint gizmo. Very Happy

Blink

Sorry you had to see my worst trainwreck demo! Nice meeting you as well.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that was quite alright! Those technical problems(minor ones) are part of the game. Anyway, you must have done something good as i ordered a load of Kronos to my sales rep!! Now, I'll have to explain that invoice to my boss when it comes in... Embarassed

Blink
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
... Now, I'll have to explain that invoice to my boss when it comes in... Embarassed

Blink

Hey, I'm going to have to explain the invoice to my wife when it comes in! Wanna swap?!! Laughing

Great job Rich, from what I have seen on the many YouTube videos popping up. As far as exhibitions go, you and I seem to do a similar role....except I have to make Fire Extinguishers look interesting Rolling Eyes
RichF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
....except I have to make Fire Extinguishers look interesting Rolling Eyes

Wow, now there's a demo that you REALLY don't want to go wrong...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: