Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plea: SDK for Kronos internal "apps" from third pa
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Rocness wrote:

Would The Oasys have any special advantages being midi in to Kronos ?
Could I use Oasys pads to trigger Kronos ?

Thanks

Sure - the KRONOS pads respond to MIDI just like the OASYS pads. For that matter, you could use any MIDI pad device.

Hi Dan,

Does that mean one could connect the Nanopad and use its pads to trigger?

Peter
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. You can't hook the nanoPAD to it directly. I'm really surprised they didn't consider that integration.

But right now, no. Maybe someday but don't hold your breath. But THIS will work:

Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, McHale. Wink

Would be interested to know why it is possible with OASYS but not with the Nanopad. It would have been my first thought to offer this (cross selling) and although I guess the pads on the screen are ok, I prefer real pads. I am using the OASYS pads a lot - most of my tracks therefore have only 8 chords Wink - and would like to see a similiar solution for KRONOS.

Peter
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
nope. You can't hook the nanoPAD to it directly. I'm really surprised they didn't consider that integration.

Note that just because a feature isn't there doesn't mean it hasn't been considered. Smile

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
McHale wrote:

Note that just because a feature isn't there doesn't mean it hasn't been considered. Smile

- Dan

Hmmm... someone who was at NAMM said they asked this specific question and were told it wasn't on the radar. I like your answer better. We can make all sorts of wild rumors up with that info! Smile

Don't forget the other nano devices. Smile

Thanks again Dan.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
McHale wrote:

- Dan

Hmmm... someone who was at NAMM said they asked this specific question and were told it wasn't on the radar. I like your answer better. We can make all sorts of wild rumors up with that info! Smile

Thanks again Dan.

Don't run away with that, though! The flipside is that just because something has been considered doesn't mean a guarantee that it will happen. I'm not making any promises here - we haven't even shipped version 1.0 yet! Smile

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know that. Since the synth is running on Linux, theoretically, it's just a needed driver. Unfortunately, it's not always that simple. Worse comes to worse, we have padKONTROL.
Cardinal Fang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
McHale wrote:
Dan,

What are the odds for either a 73/76 key semi-weighted or at least a KOMPONENT version?

Thanks!

I understand that some players prefer a larger semi-weighted keyboard. Unfortunately, these models often aren't particularly strong sellers. People also often ask for a smaller weighted keyboard as well, and we've gone in that direction with the 73.

We generally stick with three models (daddy-bear, mama-bear, and baby-bear Smile ). More models can become impractical for various reasons, and so while I'd never say never, I wouldn't expect additional models anytime soon. I wish that we could make the perfect keyboard for everyone, but I hope that one of the three choices will be close enough!

Best regards,

Dan

Would it be feasible to turn the Kronos into a module - just the controllers plus the screen - so it could be used with any MIDI controller keyboard or sequencer? I imagine that inside it's basically a laptop and is only the size it is because of the keyboard stuck on the front of it.
Thunderchief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would it be feasible to turn the Kronos into a module

As an M3-88 owner I would love it if a module version was released that would fit next to my M3 module. finally being able to use the modular nature of the M3 would be nice.

Also do we know yet if the VSTi editor for the KRONOS and the M3's version play nice together?

Thanks

Simon.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please if you put the Piano roll, please... NO STYLUS!!

I want use an instrument, not an 90's PDA. Make it work smoothly with touchscreen. There's tons of solution. Think iPhone, there's lot of Apps, even on a small screen, that are very useful, do have great workflow and work with the finger only... That's what we carry all the time... So forget the stylus!

Thanks,
Phil
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
McHale wrote:

- Dan
It would be really awesome if this function would be implemented, make sure you pass the word to the developers in japan Wink I would instantly buy nanopad

And to get ontopic: would be awesome if you would enable thirdparty users(or us the users) be able to develope our own fx/engines whatever. Only problem it could intervene the stability/performance of the kronos but otherwise it would be pretty nice to have that ability to load thirdparty software(or should we say addons or apps) to the kronos

NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
McHale wrote:

- Dan

Thanks again Dan.

Korg Kronos with the Kung Fu Grip!

Wish there was a place to slap that puppy right on. The Kronos is too pretty to use velcro Shocked
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I understand that some players prefer a larger semi-weighted keyboard. Unfortunately, these models often aren't particularly strong sellers. People also often ask for a smaller weighted keyboard as well, and we've gone in that direction with the 73.

I fully understand that you have to make products which sell. What I don't understand is why 76 key semi-weighted keyboards don't sell well. And I can hardly understand how a piano trained musician who wants/needs a piano action type kb can feel comfortable on 73 keys (I can't).

My preferred setup is an 88 key piano action type keyboard combined with a 76 key synth action keyboard. I'm considering buying a Kronos 88 RH3, it will become my master kb and it will complement my 76 key EX5 very well (as far as the keyboards and as far as the synths are concerned)...

If I wasn't in the need of a new 88 master kb, of course I would not be interested in a 88 kb Kronos, and I would neither be interested in a 61 kb but rather in a rackmount version.

Btw, do Korg plan to release a rackmount Kronos? I mean a full fledged expander, which would have real time controls and which could be edited entirely from its panel like a Triton Rack? If you consider a Kronos module that could fit on an M3 kb, please make it 'rackmountable' as well...
___

If you allow me a stupid question, why doesn't the Kronos have a silver case like the Trinity and the Triton? I feel that a high end Korg workstation should have the classicity and intemporality of a Trinity, shouldn't it?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Btw, do Korg plan to release a rackmount Kronos?

Most likely not gonna happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: