Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US / UK pricing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, are you a represent from korg?
if thats the case, yes I would like to have my 2 questions answerd

well I think the guesses is quite good
but, well I suppose you never know for shure

I dont think 98% is accurate
I got a lot of info here, and from namm

I dont understand the last sentence though
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dokido wrote:

I am sorry, my English is not good enough
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
HA HA. Another one. The Motif'ers are desperate.

So, what are street prices for the 12 year old Motif compared to the Kronos? I just ordered my Kronos 88 for $3599. I see the Motif 88 for $3499. Unfortunately, the Motif can't do 95% of what the Kronos can.
McHale, at the price you paid it's a no-brainer.

But the situation could become very different in Europe.
Motif XF 88 is sold for 3399€. If the Kronos 73 is advertised for 3799€, then the 88 will presumably be offered for sth around 3999€?
That's a 800$ difference between Kronos 88 and Motif XF 88.
And a 2100$ difference between a Kronos 88 sold in the US and one sold in Europe.

However, we should NOT take these first price announcement serious. I'm confident the final retailer prices will be much lower for the following reason:
Korg Europe is under pressure!
With a high-priced offer Korg would loose market share in Europe. Noone will buy a M3 anymore, and the Kronos would be above the budget limit for most musicians. Some would still buy Motifs, but most people would just wait and postpone their purchase of the Kronos. This would give other synth manufacturers enough time to put sth new on the market. Opportunity missed for Korg Europe. But it would relax the surplus demand in the US, though. So it's not Korg's issue in the first place.
Korg users in Europe can import a Kronos 88 from the US at approx. 3500€, shipping, tax and toll fee all included. There remains the warranty issue, but at 500€ difference I would take the risk.

So 3799€ for a Kronos 73 is a joke, but if the offer I referred to is really a Kronos 76 (solely build for me), I would buy it. Very Happy Wink
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones

Last edited by orpheus2006 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
dokido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
dokido wrote:

I am sorry, my English is not good enough

i.m sorry
herz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: EU prices Reply with quote

a few days ago, european prices looked nice:

Korg Kronos 88 toetsen
Live Music prijs:
€ 3 495,00

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Pv4wk91JY0AJ:www.livemusic.nl/index.php%3Fpage%3Dshop.product_details%26category_id%3D368%26flypage%3Dflypage-live.tpl%26product_id%3D2236%26option%3Dcom_virtuemart%26Itemid%3D500025+livemusic+kronos&cd=3&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=be&client=safari

website has been changed although...
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: EU prices Reply with quote

herz wrote:
a few days ago, european prices looked nice:

Korg Kronos 88 toetsen
Live Music prijs:
€ 3 495,00
This price is very likely assuming the currency risk has been hedged already!
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we see an even more aggressive price of around € 3399 to put Yamaha under pressure.
I'm not in a hurry to put my money on the table Razz
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
dokido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats sounds nice
well I will live on the hope then
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always better to wait than to regret a Motif XF purchase Wink
dokido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I had a mo 6 before and I liked the sound, but the sequenser whas hell, but the motif has easyer sequenser and karma 3, so, I.m still in some doubt, but the kronos is very hot
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Prices just announced on Glasgow store...

http://www.gg-digital.co.uk/new_arrivals.asp

Interesting that this website has removed all references to the Kronos... wonder if Korg have told them to remove it?

Thoughts?
dokido

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably they just understand that their prices wasn't accurate.
Goldcrest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:

Interesting that this website has removed all references to the Kronos... wonder if Korg have told them to remove it?

Thoughts?

After seeing the US prices for Korg - I'm guessing that part of the rationale for making the Kronos is for Korg to make money out of OASYS technology by making it available to more people by selling at a more affordable price.

I've hardly seen any complaints regarding the quality of the OASYS - nothing but glowing words. But they only sold about 3000 units. My guess is that Korg concluded that there isn't much wrong with OASYS technology other than the price.

If that is true - it probably is in Korg's interests to get onto profiteering retailers before a trend is set - and the price is set too high.

Someone (either Korg or the retailers) had a strong enough control over the price of the OASYS in the UK such that it never altered price. (My guess is Korg). So maybe Korg could have got onto this retailer.

Who knows why the Glasgow retailer removed the Kronos references - maybe they came over here and saw the reaction? Maybe it was Korg?

This is all guesswork. The proof of the pudding will come when all of the major UK retailers have the Kronos in stock and for sale. Lets hope they come over here before they set a price so they can see the reaction from UK and European potential buyers to loopy-loop prices. (We can partly thank the Glasgow retailer for that!)
ozy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Korg,

if I had failed the mass comercialization of a very good product (Oasys)

if my current endeavour was mass-selling the same technology in a new affordable and more giggable package

if a 30 seconds teaser of my new product had received comments by 20.000 people in 5 days,

showing plenty of divergence among expectations and reactions, with wide technical acclaim but somehow pensive reactions to price,

while my previous product had sold just 3000 pieces, mainly due to a miscalculated price stragey,

and if I had 3 months in front of me before really releasing the product,

and if the break-even on my new product was strongly linked to an optimized ratio bwtween unity price and numbers sold (as opposed to the Oasys whose price couldn't fall because of the huge R&D cost)

a) I would be throwing around a lot of ballons d'essai

b) I would be posting everywhere "fake" (better: "test") prices, or have somebody do it for me,

c) I would be getting pre-sales specials then announce further rebatesif necessary, (nobody backtracks from a pre-buy if he is told that he will spend less then he has budgeted)

e) I would keep people on their toes about availability of the product, I would keep mum about quantity produced, and I would use EVERY single day of these 3 months, until the very last, to hone my strategy

But maybe Korg thinks different, it already has a final price established, and will not correct it no matter what people say or do Rolling Eyes
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Prepared to pay? Reply with quote

I have asked this question on another thread, but think it relevant here too.

Irrespective of speculating on what Korg might do....

How much would you be prepared to pay for a Kronos, and which model would you buy?
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared to pay? Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
I have asked this question on another thread, but think it relevant here too.

Irrespective of speculating on what Korg might do....

How much would you be prepared to pay for a Kronos, and which model would you buy?

I don't understand your question about "How much would you be prepared to pay....". Prices are already announced. Music shops are already advertising their discounted prices.

Me? Kronos 88 $3500

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: