Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Please bring back the 76 Key of the Triton Extreme76 !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiantSonicRobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
But I do wish they had stuck with the C-to-C layout, regardless.

73 starting with E is the classic layout of a 73 Rhodes piano. Personally, I like that.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already posted my opinion in another thread but I'll vote again for the M3-73 key semi weighted style.

I suppose I can just use my M3-73 as the master keyboard but I wonder if the M3 pads can trigger the Kronos virtual pads. I also wonder if the M3 ribbon controller, joystick and SW1/SW2 can also be used to control the Kronos.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
I wonder if the M3 pads can trigger the Kronos virtual pads. I also wonder if the M3 ribbon controller, joystick and SW1/SW2 can also be used to control the Kronos.

I'd be surprised if they couldn't. Can't you assign any MIDI CC to any M3 pad or controller? So even if they don't send out the desired CC by default (and they might), they should be able to be remapped to perform whatever functions the comparable controls do on the Kronos itself.
alantunucci

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To have hammer action keys in something that I can carry around and put in the back seat of my car for me it's a dream come true.

76 or 73 semi or synth action, NOOOOOOOOO!

Contratulations, Korg. Here in my country everybody can't wait to buy a 73 keys Kronos with hammer action.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't know how I feel until I play it.

Part of me has been wanting to go weighted key. I just hope it's the lighter variety. I remember playing the M50-88 and liking that. I believe that is RH3.

I don't understand why the move to 73 from 76. Will feel strange after playing 76 for the past 20 years. I'm glad they kept it to E at least. Certainly most usable for playing with guitars, and that's every band I do!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
GiantSonicRobot wrote:
But look at it this way: The two new engines which were added (in comparison to what was available on the OASYS) are SGX-1 and EP-1. Both are aimed at piano players.

I kind of attributed that to the nasty pianos on previous Korg instruments. I prefer the piano on my Triton over the piano on my M3. That tells ya something...

Man you ain't kidding! Everytime I play the M50 Pianos next to my Motif they sound out of phase. Just downright painful! My 01/W with the Expansion card eats the M50 Piano for breakfast. And it's almost 20 years old!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped by a Guitar Center in Chicago tonight to play the RH3 keybed for awhile and they had a Triton ProX right next to the M3-88.

I don't know how to describe it but a lot of the sounds on the M3 and M50 have a tunnel-like or muffled sound to them. The organs and pianos in particular.

BTW, I'm not sure on the RH3 keybed after playing it. I understand that I play some of my leads kind of lazily (I don't exert a lot of pressure on the keys simply because I don't have to) but I just can't play as consistently or as quickly on the weighted vs. semi-weighted. On the RH3, each key press in a thought out effort. I don't know how to describe it but I'm thinking it's just because I have horrible finger strength and self-taught technique. My Kohler and Campbell piano's action is almost as fast as my Triton. But the RH3 seemed sluggish where I can't play machinegun notes. Guess no Billy Joel on the RH3.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: