Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grounding Issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillwilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Grounding Issue? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've had a korg wavedrum for nearly a year and before it goes out of warrenty I thought I should just query a problem Ive had since day one...

If I play with my wavedrum plugged directly into headphones I sometimes
feel like there is a grounding issue with the metal rim...this exhibits itself in a minor tingling sensation if my arm hairs catch against the rim.

it i play with my fingers / hands the surface area seems to disperce such problems and if I am plugged into my (grounded) amp it goes away......

just want to know, is this just the nature of having a metal rim with no ground path......or is it something just unique to me?
FLyAgaric421

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, I've felt the same thing when using the Kaoss pad with headphones whle playing guitar..
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Grounding Issue? Reply with quote

phillwilson wrote:
If I play with my wavedrum plugged directly into headphones I sometimes
feel like there is a grounding issue with the metal rim...this exhibits itself in a minor tingling sensation if my arm hairs catch against the rim.

Hi Phil,

The situation you describe has alarmed me a bit. I realize you posted this a few months ago but I hope you have resolved your situation. In traveling around quite a bit, and playing on many different Wavedrums, in many different cities, I can assure you, I have never, ever encountered anything like what you describe or anything even close to it. I can only assume that is has something to do with your own specific grounding issues as related to your power source. This is far from normal, I can assure you.

I hope you have found some resolution to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: