Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mounting the Wavedrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Mounting the Wavedrum Reply with quote

Ok maybe a silly question but I need to ask. I have mine in a snare stand but I saw in a vid some people mount with the grips on the rim and others have it on the black part below the rim. Is there a right or wrong way? I have two of the three arms on either side of the control panel. I am wondering if I am somehow limiting the sensitivity by having the grips on the rim. Anyone know the preferred way? or any reasons not to mount it one way or the other? Thanks Bertotti
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just set my WD in a sturdy Pearl S-900 snare stand, then tighten naturally until the WD is secure. This way I can pick the whole she-bang up and whack it around mercilessly without worrying about the grips holding... cuz they don't always if you "perch and clamp" the WD, gravity being what it is
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I am doing it now. I saw one video from Korginc on youtube where the, I think japanese guy had two arms on the bottom and one looked like it was wedged into the area where the pressure transducer is. He was beating the heck out of it and it was holding. Anyway I'm glad it seems the way I am doing it is ok and I see others doing it on youtube. Thanks for the reply!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the video? It's so good! Some pretty flimsy stands in it tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w704ti49s3E

jetdaisuke's reviews rock - his wavedrum review is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w704ti49s3E

His channel is here. I pee myself laughing every time I visit

http://www.youtube.com/user/jetdaisuke
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that first link is the one. I see it isn't in the pressure transducer opening but I dont know where he jammed the top arm!

I've seen those others they are funny as hell!
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy an extra stand for my wavedrum. My dealer of choice is Thomann.de because he's offering the best service (very reliable and obliging in case of trouble; my few complaints have been resolved quickly and without any cost for me!).

I've posted a link to their snare-stand-section (I hope that's the correct one). Which one would you recommend? I prefer sitting while playing and want a solid solution - money is not the issue here ... Wink

Link snare-stands: http://www.thomann.de/at/snarestaender.html

It would be most helpful if you could tell me the exact product - many thanx! Smile
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a used ludwig snare stand from our mom and pop. I think it is a very sturdy stand but I have upset the stand once with the WD on it. I am now very careful of how the WD is positioned over the three legs. I was thinking of getting the Korg stand because i think it will go from a low position to a tall position for standing. I do not know ow low it will go.

My snare stand is very similar to the Ludwig in your link model LM922SSL. Visually they are identical. Used mine was 50$ US.

I wonder are the parts in them replaceable. I could use a new plastic or phenolic, whatever it is piece, in the ball type of assembly. I think it still holds fine but there is a bit a play in a couple positions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: