Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano quality vs. SV-1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gflo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Piano quality vs. SV-1? Reply with quote

If other differences between Kronos and SV-1 is looked away from; how do these two instruments compare in quality? Sound and keyboard behaviour? I think I will buy one of them... but don't know which one...
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keybed is the same. Sounds and FX are better on Kronos.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice analogy between Mercedes and Maybach Smile

Not only the HD-1 use non-compressed samples, but also for SGX-1, there's no loop piano sounds, with features such damper noise, etc...

The sound of the Kronos Piano is then, way better and more realistic.

Also, on the Kronos, you also got a lot of other features and sounds the SV-1 doesn't cover. It's not the same price, but if you can go for the Kronos, don't even hesitate.

The Kronos is definitely presented as a keyboard for Stage, Production and Sound Design. The new SetList view makes him very practical and easy/quick to use on stage, but also allow to have smooth transition between sounds.

The 9 faders also allow to use the Organ sounds with the drawbars... That's what I think is missing on the SV1.

The bottom line is that if you can afford the Kronos, go for it Smile

Phil
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested how the KRONOS piano's compare to True pianos and other top VST's?
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Keybed is the same. Sounds and FX are better on Kronos.

The keybed is slightly different, since the Kronos has aftertouch and the SV-1 does not. I don't know if that affects the feel at all... maybe compare an SV-1 to an M3-88 to see if you notice any difference...
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both SV1 and Kronos have RH3 keybed - except one has the aftertouch strip and the other one doesn't. The feel is absolutely the same.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Both SV1 and Kronos have RH3 keybed - except one has the aftertouch strip and the other one doesn't. The feel is absolutely the same.

I would think that the "landing" of the two actions might feel slightly different, since one has the aftertouch strip and the other does not. But I haven't had the chance to compare them myself.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I would be interested how the KRONOS piano's compare to True pianos and other top VST's?

Honestly, Truepianos (with Ivory) is one of my favorite piano sound, and I do think the Kronos should be as good as these two plugs.

Because Ivory is 40Gb big, because there's several piano models in several ambiences and mic setups... But each individual sound is close to the SGX-1 size.

We could always increase more and more the quality of the sounds, but there's a moment where the reproduced sound is as good as the real instrument or so close than the human being couldn't make the difference.

I think the Kronos should be very close to that limit with the piano sounds... And I'm really looking forward to test it and compare it with my plugins such Truepianos, Ivory, Pianoteq or NI Pianos...

Phil
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

I would think that the "landing" of the two actions might feel slightly different, since one has the aftertouch strip and the other does not. But I haven't had the chance to compare them myself.

I compared M3-88 and SV-1. They're virtually the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: