Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Nice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioBuckeye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Very Nice Reply with quote

I was debating between picking up an electribe (EMX or ESX) to add to my KAOSS pads but instead went the iPad route and glad I did. Found someone locally selling a new wifi only for a low price. I've installed quite a few apps including the Korg apps, Groovemaker, MorphoWiz and PianoMagic.

Now I'm looking at my Kaoss pads like they are archaic with it's bulky design and cables all over. It seems to me like the future is totally with these tablets. Really there isn't much the iPad won't be able to do that a KAOSS pad can do right? I mean my ims20 app has two KAOSS pads built in. I'm playing MorphoWiz with multitouch. The multitouch alone bypasses the Kaoss pads in my opinion. Great stuff.

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks but I may very well put my Kaoss pads up for sale on Ebay and go the iPad only route. Now keep in mind I'm only a hobbyist not a live performer. For this the iPad is awesome. I love the portability and no cables other than my headphones.

OB
roxxx303

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Very Nice Reply with quote

OhioBuckeye wrote:
I was debating between picking up an electribe (EMX or ESX) to add to my KAOSS pads but instead went the iPad route and glad I did. Found someone locally selling a new wifi only for a low price. I've installed quite a few apps including the Korg apps, Groovemaker, MorphoWiz and PianoMagic.

Now I'm looking at my Kaoss pads like they are archaic with it's bulky design and cables all over. It seems to me like the future is totally with these tablets. Really there isn't much the iPad won't be able to do that a KAOSS pad can do right? I mean my ims20 app has two KAOSS pads built in. I'm playing MorphoWiz with multitouch. The multitouch alone bypasses the Kaoss pads in my opinion. Great stuff.

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks but I may very well put my Kaoss pads up for sale on Ebay and go the iPad only route. Now keep in mind I'm only a hobbyist not a live performer. For this the iPad is awesome. I love the portability and no cables other than my headphones.

OB

Same feelings here. Working with ipad while lying on the couch is so much fun!
There is a great potential in the iPad. It only lacks of really professional music apps.
But I think time will bring up more cool apps like the iMS20.
Theoretically Korg could bring up a Kaossilator Pro for the iPad.
This would rock! But I think they will not kill their own Kaoss Pad market - not yet!
Korg Gadget, iM1, iMS20, iKaossilator, iElectribe, Korg DS-10, Korg Volca Keys, Minimax ASB, Roland TB-303, TR-606, Novation Drumstation, x0xb0x alu, Yamaha CS2x, Ableton Live 9, Les Paul Cherry Sunburst.
Past Gear:
Electribe MX-1, Kaossilator Pro, AIRA TR-8, Novation Bass-Station, Roland JX8P, Roland Alpha-Juno 1, Roland MC-303, Yamaha RM1X.
Krog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Very Nice Reply with quote

OhioBuckeye wrote:

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks but I may very well put my Kaoss pads up for sale on Ebay.............

OB

I'll be interested to see if you change your mind in the next two weeks Wink
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: