Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going Beyond iPad...how about Android phone and PC computers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trauma_Hound

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Going Beyond iPad...how about Android phone and PC compu Reply with quote

bog wrote:

It really is a shame that Windows/Android fanboys (read: jealous Apple haters) lack the imagination to see how actually useful the iPad is. Just take a look at the myriad of touch-controlled synths and other creative apps available for iphone/ipad already. Not to mention Beatmaker, iElectribe, iDrum, TouchOSC, AC-7 Pro, midiPAD, chipPAD, iSample, Sketchbook Pro, Brushes...etc.

Strange I have an android, plan on picking up android tablet soon, and apparently I hate apple. Oh wait I also own a Mac Book Pro.

It's quite apparent you know nothing of the android platform. It supports multi-touch my 1st gen Moto Droid has multi touch. The reason I went with an android phone is because IOS is closed. I'm a software developer in Java. And simply put, I don't want to have to jail break my phone or tablet to put my own apps on it. There is no technical reason this app couldn't be ported to an android tablet. In fact hardware wise several of the 1st gen android tablets blow the doors off of an I-pad, because they have dual core Tegra 2 processors. Take for example the Viewsonic G-Tab, it not only supports multi-touch but it has 2 USB port, both slave and host. So if there is a driver available that supports a slew of the professional USB DAC inputs/output out there this would be a more professional solution. And there is probably a driver that would just need to be recompiled because it's linux underneath the covers. Furthermore there is a bunch of new android tabs coming out at CES this weekend. The other reason I didn't go with IOS based smart phone or tab is because I hate AT&T, as a former customer it was the worst service provider I had, I was lucky to even be able to make calls where I lived, and I lived right smack in the middle of a city. So really who's the fanboy here? I'm not married to android, if a better solution came along I would use it.
bog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Going Beyond iPad...how about Android phone and PC compu Reply with quote

Trauma_Hound wrote:
There is no technical reason this app couldn't be ported to an android tablet. In fact hardware wise several of the 1st gen android tablets blow the doors off of an I-pad, because they have dual core Tegra 2 processors. Take for example the Viewsonic G-Tab, it not only supports multi-touch but it has 2 USB port, both slave and host. So if there is a driver available that supports a slew of the professional USB DAC inputs/output out there this would be a more professional solution.

There's actually lots of reasons. I know people who have looked into making apps for Android but they've been getting stuck because Android as a platform (software and hardware) is not ready yet. This means lack of true multitouch hardware near the level of iOS devices. And Android is still very lacking in support for audio applications. And of course, there's the inherently fragmented nature of Android devices making it harder for developers to write apps necessitating additional work of compatibility support for numerous devices with different software/hardware implementations.

I have nothing against Android. As an iOS user, I welcome more competition as that only means good things for everyone. But aside from the technical reasons, another reason Korg might never make these apps on Android is that it might not make much financial sense as the app buying habit between iOS app store and android market is drastically different where the vast majority of android app are free:
http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2010/08/27/app-store-war-android-rules-free-ios-dominates-paid/
bog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I was saying about Android's lack of audio support, I noticed the below from IK Multimedia on their FB wall today.

“Tim Conrad: Please tell us that you are announcing an Android app coming soon at CES. Pleeeease….

IK Multimedia: No, we are not. The latest update to the Android OS that was supposed to allow the low-latency audio that we require has not proved to be viable yet, nor is it widespread amongst the user base. There may even be more issues with it related to low-latency audio so we still analyze and watch for now.”
3exwh246

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Five men sexual life thinking _2068 Reply with quote

Map of discount gas stations :

Who moved the man's fertility

Self-esteem is not strong woman will not thrill _4

Study Men lust ten times the level of a woman _299

February 28, 2011, a Shanghai "discount gas station map" through a row forwards users, attracted a lot of motorists are being closely watched online. This map, now marked with 13 pairs of 93 gasoline stations offer promotions location and price of gasoline. In this map microblogging see some friends said, the map might lead them to drive added to the oil well and cheap gasoline. In addition, also born in Chongqing, Chongqing version of discount gas station map.Five men thinking of life
Interpretation of knowledge ----- heart five kinds of thinking of a man sweating is kidney ,mercurial vapor
Bowmoney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys all sound like a bunch of assholes...none of these are reasons to ignore the largest market in mobile devices

Android operating systems have now taken over iOS and Blackberry as the majority holder of the mobile market...maybe not in tablets yet, but certainly on phones...

please develop some apps for android so that things can get better instead of using the lame argument "well it's not as good as product x, so why even try?"...if that were applied to other markets, we'd never have gotten past the horse and buggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: