Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how about that sampler?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hold the phonetics... Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
the first thing I am going to do is grab my crappy dynamic mic, plug it in, and vocode track after track of "By Your Command" Smile

no problem. You can do whatever pleases you. I am fairly tolerant.

I just think you people should keep it private, do it in your home if you want, but don't - don't! - get anywhere near schools or playfields, Shocked

or worse - you know? - go "zis iz da voucoudaa" in public parks on Sundays. Shame on you

Flogging is for public scandal only. Cop

(btw: is he gone? Can I talk freely? Come on, those people... Ok, ok, I know, it's 2011 etc etc, but... Come on, you can't go to the movies... Every, I mean EVERY movie displays at least one couple of, you know? vocoder-lovers. What next? They'll want to adopt children, right?).
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking nonsense into the vocoder, hmmmm I talk nonsense all day maybe this would be more entertaining! To bad all I have atre a couple ribbon mics a USB mic and a AA battery fed at mic. Well one of them might work. Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
JimH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that robot voices should be outlawed. But I think a vocoder can be used tastefully. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this a vocoder in this Jon & Vangelis song Deborah at about the 3:00 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryxm85hYfWs

It sounds kind of like a halo around the main vocal. I like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: