Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That nice BIG screen!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnydr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: That nice BIG screen! Reply with quote

Hello

I am a future Kronos owner (just not sure which one 61 or 73)
I now use a Nord stage 76 which resides above an old faithful Korg SgPro-X piano on an Apex column stand.
I'm wondering how accessable the screen on the Kronos would be on the bottom tier.
Right now I have the Sg-Pro X on the 18'' arms and have it pulled out as far as it can be and still be quite stable. All the screen and controls are visible but with the much deeper screen on the Kronos,I suspect the top will be hard to see.
My decision on the 61 or the 73 kind of depends on weather or not I can read the screen on the 73 with the Nord above
I,m wondering if anyone at Korg re-created a similar scenerio
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the Kronos, but
¤ the angled screen of a Trinity is perfectly readable and usable when the instrument is lying in the lower tier of a kb stand
¤ the screen of a Triton which is lying flat on the panel is hardly usable when the instrument is lying in the lower tier of a kb stand
johnnydr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I figured. Too bad they didn't angle the screen on the Kronos.
Well looks like it's gonna be a 61 going on the top shelf!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try to play it out in the direct sunlight. It's completely unusable...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

Both my Triton and M3 are like that outdoors. Useless!

Rolling Eyes
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
¤ the angled screen of a Trinity is perfectly readable and usable when the instrument is lying in the lower tier of a kb stand

True, I like how it's being angled, it's easier to view that way.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, how hard would it have been for Korg to put 2 hinges on the bottom of the display and a prop rod brace so you could angle the display?? I bet not one person would complain to pay and extra $100 or so to have this feature. From what I am reading it looks like Korg took 3 steps back on the display and hardware. The interface to the sounds should not have been shortcutted just to save a few bucks!! Period!! Plus no Pad Buttons..sniff..sniff.......

Jeez, Korg dont cheapen the cabinet, interface software, processor & memory. Use the lastest and if you have to cut a few sounds then sell them separately or something as an addition or option to generate capital. I for one could give a damn to have many banks of just piano sounds.. 10 is plenty for me. Sell piano sounds separate as its a synth, and not a Baby Grand here! Enough Piano already. Put more Mod 7 and Wave moduation programs and have an option for articulation on string and brass. Simple!

Also.. the Engineers and designers should ask questions here and read our "opinions" before they go crazy changing and cutting out features. After all most anyone buying a Korg keyboard reads these forums. Cant they Ask Us What We Want ! All the keyboard companies have the attitude ,,,"Dinner Is Served, now you all come eat it!!" Next time they should at least let us read the Menu...

And I wont mention the sequencer. "Read 2 days worth of manuals to learn the Sequencer".

Now I am done! Next... Laughing
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

I use to own the Spider Pro which had arm extensions at a 15% angle.

That greatly helped visibility of the touchscreen.

Plus if one has 3 boards stacked up, the bottom 2 have some shade provided by the board above.

for live playing, I always thought it was best to have your Programs prearranged according to your set list. Then use a switch pedal to advance thru your program set list.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnydr wrote:
Thats what I figured. Too bad they didn't angle the screen on the Kronos.
Well looks like it's gonna be a 61 going on the top shelf!

Well, even if angled screens are cool, it wouldn't help in any way for screen view on sunlight... Even with a tilted screen such the Oasys, when you do have huge sunlight (I mean Texas size sunlight), it won't really be better.

I think it's better to have negative contrast in that case... or even have the second keyboard on top (for some shade).

Phil
johnnydr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunlight is not a real issue for me, as I've yet to do an outside gig,(other than at night), It,s not being able to see the Kronoos screen with a second board on the top tier. As for the sunlight problem I guess a board on top would supply shade, but you would not be much better off,because you won't see it anyway(of course unless it was tilted) Crying or Very sad
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
...I for one could give a damn to have many banks of just piano sounds.. 10 is plenty for me.

For me 9 should be enough.

Especially when one preset is named 'Jordan Ruddess'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: