Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and the foot pedals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Kronos and the foot pedals Reply with quote

Ok so it will handle some. I have none and have no idea what to get or start with. Would anyone care to shed some light on my inexperience please? Types to add good brands, durable brands, must have's?

Thanks
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had trouble finding Korg branded pedals for my guys, but FC4s work ok.

If you want to tap the piano sounds fully, you might consider a midi set of 3, CME made this and although discontinued, I saw once recently; there may be something similar about
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That CME pedal looks amazing- having a variable damper and sostuneto pedal are great, though you would be able to duplicate that with a Korg control pedal and a foot switch. I use the Yamaha FC4 with my M3 and it works very well.
TheLeadingSaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best sustain pedal I ever used is the Yamaha FC3. It does cost more than others, but it's heavy and stable (never moves), it also support half-damper, so I find it great.

As for a control pedal, I use BOSS FS-5U, it is really high quality, but moves alot, you can take a piece of rubber and take care of that in a minute though.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really the only pedals i see any use for are these.

Damper (good cause it has reversible polarity, wich some midi controllers wont do itself) http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-US65010-Sustain-Pedal-Keyboards/dp/B00063678K

for the switch input, this is a good momentary pedal, built like a frikin tank
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-FS5U-Nonlatching-Footswitch-?sku=421382&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CPf6-Prkw6cCFQQ-bAodXksUEA
Perfect for going program up

this is a good expression/volume pedal
http://www.amazon.com/KORG-EXP2-Foot-Controller-Keyboard/dp/B000UPFXZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1299752601&sr=1-1
dont read the description. its wrong!

you dont need korg brnd pedals with korg products.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent I have the Boss pedal already, a couple actually, so I just need to add two pedals! Thanks everyone!
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nine engines, and you still need pedals?

Come on...

Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozy you must have been pedaling a pretty fast in that pic!! Wink Laughing

Truth is I may never use a pedal we will see how much I learn and if the need arises for the things I want to play.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
The Korg DS1H is one of the BEST sustain pedals I think I have ever used.

Agreed. I use one on my M3. Have one ordered with my Kronos.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Behringer FCB1010 Reply with quote

I have a Behringer FCB1010 pedal (for my Korg M50), which also does a good job. It's not expensive (got it for E100 second hand), quality is so-so but it's good enough for me (it doesn't break; the two pedals just are quite light). Together with the UNO expansion (cost about E10 or E20 the possibilities are increased.

With the 10+ buttons I can do the following:
- two buttons for stop/start, slow/fast the leslie, a light shows the current speed (slow/fast)
- one for holding the keys of my upper keyboard (M50 in my case), easy when switching from upper to lower without an audible pause
- 3 buttons for changing the pedal functions (I can use the pedals for any CC I want, normally it's volume & ribbon controller, but sometimes VS-Y or a realtime controller knob)
- 1 button for switching on/off portamento
- 2 buttons for the SW1/SW2 buttons
I barely have to get my hands of the keyboard part to use a controller by hand (except for the pitch bend because the pedal doesn't have a sensible center).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how well this would work with the Kronos organs?

"The Pedal Keys 27 is a MIDI pedal board with 27 keys, equipped with an integrated swell pedal. The entire unit is housed in a sturdy aluminum chassis that makes it both lightweight and rugged. It communicates via MIDI and can be used with other MIDI compatible equipment.

To use it with a Nord C2 organ, just connect the MIDI on the Pedal Keys 27 to the Bass Pedal MIDI input on the C2 and activate the Bass section on the C2.

The long keys have a wooden finish and a length of 350 mm (13.8"), to facilitate the use of a proper toe-heel technique when playing. The short keys are colored gray in order to provide a better visibility even in a very dark environment.*

The Pedal Key 27's range is from C2 to D4, MIDI notes 36 to 62. The Pedal Keys transmit on MIDI channel 3. The swell pedal is easily mounted on the top panel, providing you with a comfortable and direct access to this important functionality. The resistance of the pivotal travel of the pedal can be set by using two internal adjustment screws inside the pedal housing.

Click to enlarge
The swell pedal connects to the receiving unit with a fixed cable, with a ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo plug. The Pedal Keys 27 is very portable, the weight is only 15,5 kg, 34lbs."
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with that CME pedal. I had one on extended trial and was unable to get it to program properly. I don't recall the issues but I remember it being a very frustrating experience. I think it only really works properly with a few Yamaha keyboards. Maybe they fixed these issues with updates but then again maybe there's a good reason why it has been discontinued.

Busch.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that pedal 'keyboard' should work like any other external MIDI keyboard. Korg is great for using multiple keyboard setups. In my previous setup I used both a MIDI in/out to both synths and could select if I wanted notes played from either keyboard to be heard on the other (or both).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: