Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John/ellll Feb 2011, OSAM, The_Gift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: John/ellll Feb 2011, OSAM, The_Gift Reply with quote

Hello Friends...

Here will be February for me Johnny, John ellll....

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/The_Gift.mp3

It is called "The Gift" and as usual, deals with love between two people. It is a piano improvisation on a small string orchestra background and is a bit over 4 min...

Hope you will be o.k. with another of these but this one DOES have instrumentation written for it as well...

My Best Regards!!! and Thanks for Listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny, John, ellll Very Happy Wink
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you have the gift, so you have earned what it takes to record such a beautiful piece. I hear intersting unexpected notes in spots. This does have more of a concerto feel w the strings for backup. Just as it, at moments, decides to tell a tale, it then hesitates and reconsiders. Interesting. Then a key change or so after 3 mins. You do your dynamics so well that it really adds to the piece. Loud and soft. I think this is really beautiful and a bit different from your last. Well done. I enjoy this type of thing immensely.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From you George I am proud to get such nice comments and your interest in what I am doing is also VERY much appreciated...

I will hopefully, be doing a little variety this time .., I have a couple I am working on again..and two new ones... But also a few from the earlier cycles ..., 2008 for one, with a few that I am still doing some improvements to and will put on Next one in March is a former attempt by me, with some improvement!!! so

I believe I will have them ready..

This was one I really felt close to ..., and as usual with me... I am SO glad you like it!!!

My Thanks and Regards!!!! Johnny, John, ellll Very Happy

I answer to all!! But we will settle on Johnny for those who prefer it, and John for those that are more formal Smile ellll for the ones that really see me in my original form!!!!! Its been only 7 years but feels more...
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I forgot to mention that I do have many of your pieces on my Ipod which I listen to from time to time and do enjoy during my commutes, or late at night when I'm relaxing.
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These improvisations really motivate me to record some of my own. Maybe I'll do one really quick...it's just I already have enough on my hands at the moment, and a lot of songs in progress that I need to finish.

Great song. Very relaxing. The strings blend in so well. Calm, peaceful, I enjoyed it. Smile
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah John,
You really whack me in the chest with this.......seems sad, in a way, melancholic and hopeful.....can picture so many images when I close my eyes and just listen.......wish I could play this well.....
Cheers!
Ron Laughing
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron ..Again ...

Well the sub title (as in, "original" title Rolling Eyes ) is "Plaint" in feeling for a love that is not working...., and so, yes .,It has a sadness and lost feel at times as a result...,I am very glad you found something in it Embarassed Thank You!!!

I have always written of love and of romance, including just the feeling of the romantic period and the Fantasy as well..

Thanks Ron You are very kind!

My Regards!!!! John (Johnny, ellll etc et al Very Happy )
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John/elll, Well John I do love piano music and you have played your part in playing your song so beautifully, it has a flowing feel of gentle meandering water. Keep it up!
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe and thanks for the listen here as welll I am flad you can get along with my stuff and appreciate your taking an interest and listening..

I WILL try in the cycle, to do something more in the popular, electronic or some othetr field I really want to do afew like that and will try!!

My Regards!! John Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I would love to hear you compose an ambient piece, with rhythmic sounds and atmospheres.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed George! You have struck on a desire for me, and I can't seem to do it....

I did a few for halloween a few years ago and one I never used I will put up with improvements but I have been lost since that time I am afraid..

I Promise to start soon to work out a reasonable idea and TRY to develop it !!! so;

thanks for the encouragement!! I will try my best... I Might get a little help and see how it goes then Very Happy

Thanks George!!!!! John Very Happy Very Happy
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful John, I loved the expressive ebbs and flows and all the wonderful harmonies. I really admire the way your fingers can just 'find' the notes while you improvise your songs.

And I agree with George, about the "ambient piece with rhythmic sounds and atmospheres" Smile

Regards from
Dee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: