Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John/ellll MAR 2011, OSAM, cloud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: John/ellll MAR 2011, OSAM, cloud Reply with quote

Friends This will serve for March for me...

Sorry ... straight piano and this one ... a little more gentle and even. Its an improv/w some after the fact...velocity smoothing ,and wrong notes removed...

She Of The Clouds - - - View of an Artist

http://www.korgforums.com/mp3/clouds.mp3

Regards!!! Johnny, (John, ellll) Very Happy ! . . .

Last edited by ellll on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dynamics here are very effective, nice quiet and then building. I am amazed that you can just sit down and play this sort of thing and make it sound so deliberate. It does show that you understand chord progressions and harmonics and apparently can twist and weave thru the avenues and byways you find yourself in. Very nice. I could listen all night to this. I downloaded this for my ipod so I can give a few more listens. So nice a soft at the end. How different.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And George you pin it right there...

The secret is knowing music notation, voice leading and harmonic progressions and possibilities as well..., and it is there for ANYONE who wants to play by improvisation... Just takes time and effort to learn...

I have ALWAYS enjoyed it so I do pretty well BUT

You must remember that this is nicer than I can do it first time through as modern recording techniques allow us to clean up bad spots and tweak the good ones... so it HELPS!!!!

I do as LITTLE as possible , in order to keep it as what I intended..., but I DO make corrections for wrong notes...

thanks for liking it George and I AM working on a single idea for a more modern composition soon

Thanks Again!!! My Regards John Johnny and ellll Very Happy Very Happy
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
This is delightful....so unpredictable, in that , just when I think you`re going here, you go there...if that makes sense...still nicely connected and so warmly melodic...conjures up many wonderful memories for me because it puts me in a very nice place.....wish I had your skills.....
CHEERS!
Ron Laughing
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, Ron, Very Happy

My thanks for your listening , and liking... I remain committed but some likely think I should BE committed... I just truly enjoy doing these piano improvisations ! This one is an actual feeling of reflection on an artist and their work.

It IS.., quite "wandering", as an artist may well be..., so is this purpose, and the depicted artist as well and so are clouds!

Based on my view of the artist, its a reflection on something done with clouds in an artistic creation, so I wanted to have a "feel" ..., somewhat, of the changing in the clouds, even as one watches ., and the feel the artist has for clouds, and how I see the artist, as well. Hope it got it a little at least.

Thanks for listening and your kind comments, I do perhaps get a bit carried away at times ., but I ENJOY putting my feelings for beauty, down in my own way.....

And ., indeed, CHEERS and good feelings for our friends!!!!!!

My Regards Ron, You are ALWAYS a HELP to all !!!

John, Johnny, ellll, Very Happy Very Happy
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another peaceful and calm piece here. Very nice. I'm with George here, because I'm impressed with how deliberate it sounds, with it being an improvisation and all. I like your concept and how you pulled it off.

So I'm guessing you're still using the 01Wfd? Now, wouldn't it be great if you could get something professionally recorded on a grand piano? I'd love to hear that. Not saying that I don't like the recording, I'm also impressed with how this sounds. It's just that live grand pianos can bring out so much inspiration, and I'd like to see what you could come up with. I mean, the sound, and the feel of the keys...ahh...I wish I could play on one eventually Laughing

Great work John. Smile
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, My Friend And

MANY thanks once again for listening to my piano songs. I DO as I say too much., LOVE doing it , and have plans for completing a few with simple orch added, here pretty soon.

This one is meaningful and is important for what I felt and intended in dealing with an art view of clouds.... and the artist.

I turned out to be much as needed ....to my perception and I really feel it was worth while...

Thanks again for listening and I look forward to yours always..

Regards Always...., Johnny, John ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

I am also a lover of clouds and have taken hundreds of photos of them. I never tire of it!

So here in this song I really get that feeling of how they constantly change and every time one looks there is a slight difference, or a change of colour as a day begins or ends.

Very beautiful, and I love the sound of the 01W piano!

Regards from
Dee
----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: