Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support KORG Forums by making a donation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Also: How much you needed originally? How much you got from how many members?
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most well established forums have a core group of members who will pony up whatever it takes to keep the board afloat. And that's typically where the generosity ends, unfortunately. Forcing users to pay a hunk of change for the option to post is definitely the wrong way to go. That's suicide for an administrator...especially in this economy. Option 1 would be to get someone to bankroll the board. Hopefully Korg USA will step up to the plate and "bankroll" the board. Option 2 may be Google ads, which can always be turned into a ad removal campaign. DON'T KNOCK IT "TILL YA TRY IT.
I've been very lucky over the past 11 years. The core members of my board have always been very generous. But that generosity doesn't come all at once and at the request of an administrator. They'll give (if they so choose) when they're able to give. Be patient. That's why donation buttons should ALWAYS be a permanent fixture on any fan based site. Ya never know when the generosity bug will strike someone.

People do care, Sharp.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
Hopefully Korg USA will step up to the plate

Didn't they offer to host this forum on their server with no strings attached? What happened to that?

miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I am seriously tempted to put the forum into maintenance mode for the last 3 days of that week which would mean everyone is locked out during this time and all they will see is the Post. Seems most people don't care, and are not even reading the thread. Maybe 3 days of no forum will get the point across.

Regards
Sharp.

+1

Make it a WEEK!!!!

You see, all the protestations by those folks saying people will donate when needed, blah de blah de blah were exactly what I suggested. A load of old tosh!!

98% of the 30,000 only want it free or not at all....Even if they got 100 hours of support from other members who give up their time to help, (sometimes the most inane questions...with answers to a lot of them in the QUICKSTART guide!!! let alone the full manual.), these same bludgers will still want it all for free....

The thought of ponying up a few bucks is abhorrent. Give up one bagel and coffee, nuh uh!!

So yeah shut it down for week, and let em eat dirt.

*****This post is NOT for all of us who have helped out, so please no self-righteous rants!!! It's for those (and they know EXACTLY who they are) that are tighter than a fishes you know what, and thats watertight!!*****

Dennis
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Ok, done.... I've edited my original post and the link is now gone. Again, thanks a million to all of you who helped out, without you things would be nowhere as good as they are right now.

My host has been paid off for the mess Namm left is in, and I will pay renewal fees and domain in a week or so which will keep them sweet for the mess that will be Messe in April. I've pre-warned them and also told them that we will be moving KF off their server, leaving IA behind here. I can also now say that it's been confirmed that KORG USA are going to step in and give us a server. An exact date has not been set, but we are looking at the second week in April at this stage.

While KORG USA will be hosting us, we will still be 100% independent. KORG USA have been extremely good and have not put a single restriction or terms of use on us at all.

This is fantastic news as it now gives us the room and CPU to grow unrestricted. I can go back to developing the download sections and everything else that was put on hold. Back to the activity of the good old Triton days of development.

So... cheers to you all and whoo hoo..!!! The future is very bright. So so wish Daz was still here though. It will be very strange without him,

Regards
Sharp.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
things would be nowhere as good as they are right now.
My host has been paid off for the mess Namm left is in, and I will pay renewal fees and domain in a week or so

you're welcome. keep up the good work! Applause

Sharp wrote:
the mess that will be Messe in April.

when Roland will release the Uroboros

(88 hammer action keys with poly aftertouch, wooden case but a total weight of 40 pounds. 18 synth engines, all physically modeled with real analogue filters PLUS 64 tracks sequencer AND a audio recorder capable of 16 tracks on VINYL, everything at at 2500 us$, Shocked ).

Count on me for posting heavy, band-gobbling, sarcastic pictures as soon as the Roland teaser appears on the Tube. Rolling Eyes

Sharp wrote:
KORG USA are going to step in and give us a server. An exact date has not been set, but we are looking at the second week in April at this stage.While KORG USA will be hosting us, we will still be 100% independent. KORG USA have been extremely good and have not put a single restriction or terms of use on us at all.

Applause gotta hand that to them. Applause

a pretty decent move after much controversy and (not undeserved) scolding by their customer base
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news Sharp! Well done you for steering the forum to calmer waters Applause

I think we all owe a vote of thanks to Korg USA for their support. Applause
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I can also now say that it's been confirmed that KORG USA are going to step in and give us a server. An exact date has not been set, but we are looking at the second week in April at this stage.

While KORG USA will be hosting us, we will still be 100% independent. KORG USA have been extremely good and have not put a single restriction or terms of use on us at all.

This is fantastic news as it now gives us the room and CPU to grow unrestricted. I can go back to developing the download sections and everything else that was put on hold. Back to the activity of the good old Triton days of development.

That is great news and Kudos to Korg USA for hosting the site in the future.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, will Korg also pay for you or compensate you somehow for moderating/administering the forum?

(You haven't disclosed how much you needed now and how much you got from how many members - but it's OK, I accept.)

It's good to know Korg USA will help, it's a generous step from them. Without overrating ourselves, guys, don't you think we should also consider that it seems - actually proves - that this forum is very important for Korg also from business point of view? (From this aspect maybe shouldn't be called as independent - but I don't have problems with this at all.)

Long live korgforums.com!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sharp, will Korg also pay for you or compensate you somehow for moderating/administering the forum?

I doubt it.

Quote:
(You haven't disclosed how much you needed now and how much you got from how many members - but it's OK, I accept.)

I didn't do that because the last time I did it caused all sorts of problems. Some people who made donations didn't want the amount they gave to be known, or even the total received as it doesn't take much effort to work out an average, which then makes some people look better than others who did more..... and so on.....

I also don't want to go on about it too much either because the response overall was extremely poor and I will have to add to the total myself. I'm actually glad people did reply to this thread saying “Done” as it does serve a memory and roll call of the people who did take the time to give something back. I know a few didn't comment, but I know who they. So respect to you guys...!!!!

I pulled like link this morning purely because of KORG USA offering a server which changes any long term plans I needed to make.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downgrading the status of this thread from Announcement to just a normal thread.
liri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!I am happy to help this forum.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
That's great news Sharp! Well done you for steering the forum to calmer waters Applause

I think we all owe a vote of thanks to Korg USA for their support. Applause

Loud applause to both Sharp and Korg USA! Thank you for your efforts and investments in keeping this place alive! ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
sana2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: test Reply with quote

good post Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: