Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

? for Ozy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
Go back and bother the yamaha users over at Motifator, or have you been kicked off that site already?

chilly7 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
How often do two factory sounds have the exact same effects in the exact same configuration?

I'm noticing that almost all programs in Orchestral and Strings banks (that's almost 256 programs!) are using the same Aux FX chain, 213 Symphony Hall 1, which is 2 PAUs, and some others (in those same banks) are using 217 Live RecitalHall, which is 3 PAUs. No crossover chorus, no EQing, no compression, no nothing. Just pure, great quality orchestral sample, put in a very nice sounding room.

Of course, this is not happening a lot in other banks, but it can happen, as illustrated by above example.

danatkorg wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
What happens sound-wise in this theoretical example? That sounds like CPU overload and dropped samples across the board!

That would be the case with normal computer DAW systems. Very Happy

If there isn't enough processing power for the old and new effects racks to coexist, both the old effects rack and all old voices will be silenced, but there won't be any glitches or dropped samples. We've a devoted a very significant amount of development effort to ensuring that there are never CPU overloads or dropped samples with the KRONOS. Much better to steal voices when necessary, and do so musically when at all possible.

Again, this is a pretty unusual case; since the software has been reasonably final, I have never heard this happen in actual use (that is, unless I was deliberately trying to make it happen by filling up all of the slots with O-verbs).

This is extremely comforting and very nice to know!

Again u pretent to be very clever and misinform people
Basicly u have no knowladge what are u toking about, but i jast could not resist not to answer for crupp that u have written again.
Kurzweil orcestral or strings never will sound any clouse to dedicated hight quality Orcestral VST or VST strings like from VSL or the real hight grade orcestal
For most of the srings programs or Orecstal programs indeed Kurzweil don't use FX because there is no Kurzweil effect which will make looped , compressed samples of Kurzweil to sound like any clouse to the good real orkecsta.
How ever u basicly misinform people about that Kurzweil use only pure samples for strings or Orcesta with a little of reverb, thay use instid possibilities of VAST to enchant Orekestral or strings programs.

p.s. So in conclusion Kurzweil small compressed looped sampes of Strings or orcestra never will sound in the same legue like VSTs from Vienna.

I have kurzweil pc3 and i have strings VSTs from VSL, and pure VSL strings sound and have realism far sapirior to Kurzweil pure samples, so don't tell me crupp that kurzweil pc3 strings or orcestar will sound as good as VSL can.

just my to cents

I hope next time u are not going to tell people that with kurzweil pc3 u can get very realistic and very good quality sounds of acoust pianos or with pc3 u can get very good pipe organ sounds lol Laughing

with kurzweil pc3 u can get ok sounds for electronic music, but if to speak about acoustic sounds there is no singel category of sounds which will be any clouse to the qiality of sound and realism which u can get with hight quality real instruments or to hight quality vsts... Cool

no I was not kiked off at motifator, I was kicked off only from Kurzweil forum at sonik metter.
But i don't have time for stupid people, I have to make a good quality music instid of speaking to stupid people

So basicly this is my last massege
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
Chilly, do you like your Kurzweil? Your sig shows a Very Happy while you are writing about small compressed looped samples.

Well basicly it depends of expectations?

If u need to make a real orecstra, or Real piano, o pipe organ, I hate my kurzweil pc3

but for electronic sounds well it depends....,
I really love Kurzweil KDFX,VAST

Well that was my face when i have gotten it and i have excenged my Motif Xs of pc3,well i still would prefor it to Motif Xs or Roland Fantom G or Korg M3, but a fwe month ago I just sturted to explore VSTs world and thay just opened my eyes, how really nice thay sound compare to sample playback hardwere keyboards.... Wink
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Meh, he's trashing all over the place over here because he can't go elsewhere, he wouldn't dare to post such horrible misspellings on Sonikmatter, for example. Idiot.

So acording to u Kurzweil pc3k8 is on the same level of sound quality and possibilities and realism of Orectral, strings, acoustic and electric pianos, pipe and electric organs to hight quality VSTs like from VSL, Synthogy, Hauptwerk and etc?

Well who is idiot then? Laughing
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilly7 wrote:
So basicly this is my last massege

Obviously it's not.

chilly7 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Meh, he's trashing all over the place over here because he can't go elsewhere, he wouldn't dare to post such horrible misspellings on Sonikmatter, for example. Idiot.

So acording to u Kurzweil pc3k8 is on the same level of sound quality and possibilities and realism of Orectral, strings, acoustic and electric pianos, pipe and electric organs to hight quality VSTs like from VSL, Synthogy, Hauptwerk and etc?

Well who is idiot then? Laughing

Obviously, you, because I never claimed anywhere that Kurzweil's strings are better than any VSTs. Get some glasses and LEARN TO READ.

And good luck in bringing all those VSTs in live performance, with as smooth performance as you'd get from a hardware workstation.

Bye bye, then. You won't be missed. Laughing
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank God his nickname is "chilly".

Imagine what he would sound like, if his name was "hot", "frantic" or "possessed"...
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
jemkeys25 wrote:
I'll solve your problem,
get a PC3K7 and a kronos 61,problem solved.

you didn't read my footnote. You didn't even f*ck*ng read my post before answering.

Listen people, I just answered drama1's question out of politeness because it directly asked me,

and I shared my thoughts, because... why? My mistake.

But if EVERY single consideration has got to become THE SAME "kronos contra pc3" or "kronos contra motif" stale debate,

with partisans trading shots

and the Korg propaganda guys clutching at straws,

it's just not worth it.

I don't care s**t about korg or kurzweil, I care about my music.

I own, buy and sell instruments of all kinds and brands.

I've spent a evening mapping program change routings from my pc3 to a kronos,

on paper (yes, I am good at abstract thought and planning before acting)

and I had the stupid idea of sharing a thought.

In a few minutes that's become the usual, lame "forget it and buy a kronos" versus "my pc3 is good" tit for tat.

I am bored to DEATH that every single discussion can't go beyond that.

I'll make my mind about the Kronos abd buy i, or not, but discussing it here is useless.

It's not lack of details about the instument.

It's lack of basic attitude at non-partisan, scientific, commercial thought.

Sorry for being harsh,

but jemkey's post was the single most CRETIN post I have read on this whole forum in YEARS

he completely obliterated the fact that matching a kronos61 AND a pc3was the original, starting idea,

and that I had discussed it in detail.

This showed me that discussions here happen without even reading other people posts,

and there's only a word for it:

CRETIN

Night.

Drama1, pls: next time don't open a thread with my name, will you? Thanks.

Sorry. Won't do again.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
jemkey's post was the single most CRETIN post I have read on this whole forum in YEARS,

This showed me that discussions here happen without even reading other people posts,

and there's only a word for it:

CRETIN

Sheesh, it was just a little comment he tossed in. Maybe he stopped reading your message before he got to your footnote. Maybe he missed it because there was a bunch of space above it, and without scrolling it could have looked like the post ended before the footnote. Maybe he typed the text before the footnote appeared, if that was added in an edit, and he just hadn't hit the "post" button right away. Maybe he was addressing his post to drama1. Whatever.

Regardless, it's not a crime to just toss in your casual thought and not treat each posting like a thesis.

Also, on review, I suspect he was making another point that you missed. One of your complaints was, "pc3 doesn't record, it doesn't burn CDs, it doesn't sample," etc. He suggested you get a PC3K which adds sample functionality that could possibly address some of what you see as its shortcomings.

But in the pot vs. kettle category, your attack here does remind me of how you went on in the "need for larger velocity scales, 0-128 to small" thread about how terrible it was that velocity scaling only happens after velocity data is converted to MIDI, after StephenKay had already posted there that it can be done either before or after that conversion (and that the Korg actually allows you to choose to do it either way).
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
bla bla bla

and it took you a WEEK to think and write that?

You still there?

Move on, man...
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Scott wrote:
bla bla bla

and it took you a WEEK to think and write that?

You still there?

Move on, man...

Some of us don't live on this forum, or follow every thread. I just saw this today. I wasn't aware that there was a statute of limitations on forum replies.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think Ozy was a bit defensive because from my POV he was being berated for giving his honest opinion, which is exactly what was asked of him, directly of him. On the other hand that was a bit harsh Ozy and yes I just now thought to post it. I try to avoid such altercations but several of you are key contributors and it is a terrible thing to see things go south.

edit to add: Sorry guys I forgot and went and used spell check! Laughing Laughing

off topic hey Ozy is ozo really made with opium? Someone told me that.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Some of us don't live on this forum, or follow every thread.

they just have to meddle in weeks-old discussion which don't concern them.

talk about urgent need of getting a life...

Bertotti wrote:
hey Ozy is ozo really made with opium?

dunno about Ozo,

but Ozy is certainly NOT made with a sleep-inducing, calming and soothing drug Wink
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
think Ozy was a bit defensive because from my POV he was being berated for giving his honest opinion, which is exactly what was asked of him.

Did jemkeys berate him for giving his opinion? I didn't see that.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott,

you came here today in search of a brawl.

You will not get it.

I'm outta here.

Get a life, will you?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I didn't think so but others did and not in just this post. I don't know maybe it's best to let all slleping dogs lie and hope everyone will be in better moods when the Kronos makes it to fruition, way under the expected cost to us! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: