Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes for me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
cello wrote:
And let's face it, in all reality, this IS our Korg support right here.

yep.

Now, if Sharp just discontinued korgforum's "Oasys" sub-forum, or announced that "no new threads about Oasys will be open for the foreseeable future. We listen to you, but no dice"...

... we could easily see Cello's lift-off towards the Moon (either side of it).

One should weigh the pros and the cons.

The cons are obvious.

The pros are: the Synth Player Community would get one of his men on the Moon before the European Community even tries.

Oh, that's good, ozy! Thanks for the laugh Laughing
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,
always appreciated your great support and help.
All the best, I wish you a decent new job!
- Juergen
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words.
realtrance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... and it keeps going....

Jerry, you're a true mensch. Voicing, to me, brings out the soul of any new synthesizer, and you've been fundamental to the "sound of Korg" for many years now. Like others, I am mystified by this change.

On the other hand, Roland lost Eric Persing, and Jim Stout, and other great people who "made" the sound of their best-selling synths; Keyboard magazine lost Jim Aiken, whose departure as a regular contributor and full-time employee for a magazine he'd put his heart and soul into since he was a kid led to my ceasing my subscription, years ago.

This happens in many industries, and it's just.... unfathomable. OTOH I'm sure you and the other guys who've gone through this know the details of whys and wherefores we'll never know, and you'll remain diplomatic and professional about.

Anyways, you're one of my heroes in the electronic music world, and I'm sure you have many dear friends over the years, who've worked with you and loved the work you do, and loved you as a person.

Hang in there and don't forget about all that, and find new adventures for yourself whatever circumstance may bring.

Komplete 7 is an absolute gas and a collective work of complete genius; I hope to see you around at the NI forums! I'm sure you'll have fun with it. Don't underestimate the joy Reaktor can bring, above all. Ditto Kontakt. FM8. Massive, even. Absynth! Gah... I want to leave work right now and go play with them all!

If you haven't recently, go visit Berlin and hang out with those guys, they're the coolest, too.

Be well!

rt
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Jerry,

I feel quite embarrassed to have missed this thread until now and the only thing I can say is I'm so very sorry to hear the news.

You are definitely excellent in what you have done for & at Korg. The appreciation that this thread alone shows, confirms that is not an idle or inaccurate fact. As has been well said by others, it is both incomprehensible to us as Korg customers that this has occurred AND that many of of us see it as a mistake on Korg's part.

You touched my life too when you helped me with a few issues and that was not forgotten. Neither will you be forgotten by all of us here.

I wish you the best in your continued success and please do not be a stranger to the community.

Keep in touch,

Ken
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Best Wishes Reply with quote

Due to legal issues beyond my control I must deal with worse than a root canal with no Novocain I just got online and found out you left Korg. With the earthquake in Japan and so much change I can only say things only get better through change and wish you the best. Please remember to stop by and share you valuable thoughts with us once in a while. Your knowledge and accomplishments are immense and of great value to us mere mortals.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone….

Best Wishes,

John^^
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg really don't see the value of people clearly.

Over a decade or so, Jerry was here being the public face and conscience of Korg and making them look very good indeed. As well as being a great representative of the company, he was also a great advocate of product users. As if that wasn't enough, he was a mine of information and even the most knowledgeable of us here could rely on Jerry to answer those questions we couldn't begin to answer. It was fun to play catch up with him, if you enjoyed a REAL challenge Smile

He was a member here, one of the community and never "one of them". A remarkable achievement that looked ordinary because it was all so comfortable, even serene Wink Looking back what looked ordinary was groundbreaking; companies in this space and of Korg's size simply weren't doing what he did.

I hope that this door closing, really means another is opening is for Jerry. Hopefully a door to a company that merits having this very decent bloke on their team.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recent kind words - much appreciated.

Daz: especially nice to hear from you. I would not have achieved what I did without your "gentle nudges" over the years, beginning with the early MS-2000 Yahoo Users Group. Behind every great man stands... good influencers!

Wink

Regards to all!

Jerry
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing is for sure is that things are constantly changing....I haven't contributed to the Korg forum to the extent of many of you but I have read it for years....I know enough to realize that what Korg is doing by making these types of decisions is ultimately alienating it's customer base by eleminating part of it's support for their products....When I have a question about a Korg product, I don't think of the official site....I think of this one.... I don't know if they realize how vital this forum and the Korg official posters is to their products....It takes years to get a site built to the point this one is...It's kind of hard to do a search on a site that's only a couple months old versus one that's had years to build up the database of threads....Just because you have the ability to set up a web site doesn't mean it would be a success....I don't know if that's the attitude they have or not but it would be a serious mistake......

Jerry I'm sorry to hear your position was eliminated...Between that news and not incorpporating the Karma in the Kronos.....One really has to wonder what the vision for the future for Korg holds.....If these decisions are based on trying to stay afloat financially then hopefully the Kronos will be the shot in the arm like the M1 was to get them moving forward again....In the mean time Jerry, may I suggest looking into what I believe the future is....Get with your old gang from the Ensoniq days and create an APP/AU plug in......An App or plugin from the old Ensoniq gang would excite the hell out of me as I'm sure many,many others!....The more I play with the MB Pro/Ipad....The more I see this being the future....I'm currently sampling gigabytes of soundfonts from the SD-1 because there is nothing that sounds like it, even today.....Kind of ironic huh?.....moon
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonMusic wrote:

Jerry I'm sorry to hear your position was eliminated...Between that news and not incorpporating the Karma in the Kronos.....One really has to wonder what the vision for the future for Korg holds.....

KARMA is in the Kronos. It's the same KARMA as in the OASYS and M3.

MoonMusic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it's not the new version which will probably be done via software by you from here on out in the next product.....It's a change by not being updated to the newest version and incorporated into the unit....It could be a shift in how Karma is used in the next unit....Not that it matters because whatever I use is plugged into a MB Pro so it's all good... Smile .....moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: