Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talk me down?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be me that confused you and Citizen Klaus about the "starving student" thing.
Sorry for the mix up.

Good luck with your wooden garage.

Have you heard about the car with the wooden engine and the wooden wheels?

.....It wooden go........ Wink
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, you're building a garage to house your new Kronos, right? Laughing
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I think someone is catching on! I have no garage, no work shop and I do a lot of woodworking and carpentry on the side. I like to build instruments and have a ton of musical gear in need of a home. When Done I will have a studio around 23' x23' not to mention a place to park inside, and a place to do woodworking and auto work. For the short term this is a good trade off. Once I get a synth, cough Kronos, I will post a link to a pic and if the ends are easily carved of wood i will offer a couple sets up to you guys. Don't hold your breath though, I only have weekends to get a garage built and it will take me till late fall to get it framed and covered. I do have a link to some pics now if anyone is interested I will get it back on line. If it is ok with you all I will haunt this area awhile and learn about this beast we know as Kronos!
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please, post a link, interesting to see your carpentry skills, if nothing else, will give people an idea of what more-or-less to expect about the cheek ends for Kronos.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A different perspective, Bertotti:

Everywhere you look, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. It's not getting better. It's getting worse every day, and there's not much that either you or I can do about it. This planet is spiralling out of control, and damned quickly.

There's the old cliche that says "you could be hit by a bus tomorrow, and it's the end of the line for you".

Well, there's a great big fukkin bus coming, and before I end up under it, I'm living it up.

Day by day.

Granted, our life situations run the full gamut. Such is the nature of men - we're all different.

In my case, I've raised two beautiful girls and have proudly watched them move on with their own happy lives. They're both doing well, but I still spend a bundle on them... Macs, ipads, Nikons, nice restaurants, mad money, etc, because I want them both to enjoy their time on this very ill planet that we're leaving to them.

I spend a bundle on me too, now. I bought a touring scooter (Kymco Xciting 500Ri) last fall because the time has come for me to see my country - and the US - close-up before I'm no longer able to do so. I put over 1000km on Kymmie just this week, as the weather has been grand here in the Toronto area. I've driven an SUV across much of Canada and the eastern and southern states, but biking has been a true revelation. Kymmie connects me directly to my surroundings in a way that driving around in a cage simply cannot. I had to bump up my line of credit to get the bike, but I have no regrets - I'm on top of the repayment sched and the bank loves me.

My second love - my girls are my first - is making music. It's more that just my living, it's my life. Over the years, I have acquired everything I could possibly need to make the music that I love making. I've worked hard for it, I've earned it all honestly and ethically, and I feel "complete" for lack of a better word.

When the bus hits, I'll go down smiling.

So rather than talk you down, I would suggest that you think a bit more about how much a Kronos could influence the quality of the musical aspects of your life.

We're here for a good time, not a long time, bro.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti, all the best for your garage and sorry for the "poor student mess up".

And yes, it is always nice to see photos of well made wooden ends for synths.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice for you: get the Kronos. But not necessarily right away.

Whenever you're dealing with technology and music the technology can definitely get in the way. The real goal is playing music, right, and if learning and managing the technology of a music workstation gets in the way of that, then you're getting a sign somethings not right.

I'm over $1,500 poorer and hardly satisfied from buying the fanciest workstation at the time, the Motif XS. Wasted a lot of time futzing with the technology, and what I learned from that is that the "best" is not always the best.

When I got a Nord Stage 88 I finally started playing and stopped futzing so much with the technology and the limitless sounds to audition.

For someone like you that has limited experience, I actually would advise getting the Nord Stage II: great pianos, organs, el. pianos, synth, and very easy to learn and use. The Stage is a fantastic piece, a real instrument that delivers big time on satisfaction. Do not underestimate the value of well-done simplicity and 20 great sounds vs 2000.

But the Kronos could be a good buy for you as well. I particularly like it with workstations that you've got a sequencer.

In my case, I'll probably sell my Stage to help buy the Kronos- it's everything I've always wanted in a workstation. It effectively does everything the Stage does for me and much more. The biggest drawbacks for me in this kind of swap is the Stage is 10 pounds lighter and about 6-8" shorter (joystick on top!).
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Talk me down? Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

... and then a Kronos next year, by then any initial bugs should be worked out ...

just wanted to submit my two cents, cause this was questioned. just about everything has bugs when it's released. just a sign of the times. Besides, Korg has a new reputation for sometimes dropping this major patch after releasing their new products... like that sweet Xpanded patch for the M3. who knows... maybe Kronos will have a new PRV view in its sequencer or something. or a KARMA upgrade, or whatever. I'm not upgrading to the Kronos anytime soon, but i'm hoping when i do there will be something like that already released...not expecting, mind you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: