Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg karma from now in 2011 and in future!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivarbalade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: korg karma from now in 2011 and in future!!! Reply with quote

since kronos has come i am afraid korg karma will been forgotten soon in the dust or i am wrong?? its 10 years since korg karma see the world, much has happend since then. in korg family

here is a record of korg keyboards since 2001 i seem as very strong and good
korg triton V3
korg karma
korg extreme
korg triton studio
korgm3
korg oasys
korgm50

but now it is korgm3 + kronos who will survice futher as i see it. but to all korg karma users out there, stay together, show the world that korg karma is in live not dead. it is a amazing keyboard still to make great music on:)) agree i hope so.

i have a plan of making a usefull tutorial of showing the korg karma in use. agree with me that is a good idea??

what i miss most is for those who has chemistry 1-2-3 and reincarnation 1 stay up and show the great things those combi can really do in a musical way:)) as i have with some on youtube:) more will come from me i promize:))

so welcome to join and tell your opinion about the futue of korg karma, a keyboard who deserve moore publicity, than it has. share great self made music on it welcome all korg karma users to do that ok?? i wait:)) hope i have inspired many to use there korg karma:)) from Ballademaker Norway

Ivarbalade Norway
bsr2002

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a KARMA as well as Studio and TR...and still bring them to gigs. Smile

I would love it if you made a video tutorial of KARMA Smile

I'm purtie sure there are lots of people who have still not figured out KARMA to this day...I know I haven't...lolz!

Live Rig: Roland Fantom X6, KORG TR61, Yamaha Motif ES6

http://www.facebook.com/bennyrillo
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I get the Kronos, Karma + Moss will stay. Those will always be my favorite.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me personally it is a good synth but still, the only thing worth keeping is
if it has the MOSS Board nothing else. It can't be better then whats outthere
and that makes it obsolete. No matter how much we love on synth if the next
one is better our love for that synth doesnt make it better. Of course is great,
if i had one and didnt have the money for M3 or Kronos i would've kept it but
if i had the money for M3 or Kronos the KARMA will get out of the house in
seconds. There is few machines that i love too, some i kept but some i sold.
At this point, if one can upgrade to M3 at least and has the budget to do so,
besides MOSS there is NOTHING else for KARMA to be worth next to an M3.
Lets be real KARMA vs KARMA=funny to even compare to an M3 or Kronos,
ROM vs ROM= even funnier...and at the end again, it was a GREAT machine.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
To me personally it is a good synth but still, the only thing worth keeping is if it has the MOSS Board nothing else.

One of the reason to keep this board to me is the ability to layer Moss with HI sound.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ivarbalade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: video tutorial of korg karma Reply with quote

i will made one, hope it will help some of korg karma users.

i challenge also other to think about to make short video parts of showing korg karma functions in action on youtube welcome to build up a scene of several video of there red maroon in action ok??? any who want to try??

hook up your video and sound device and show whats in a korg karma with moss or not:)) i will be very happy if someone do this, have fun and good luck:))

i know people out there will have good use of a short tutorials:))

make it happend and let me know when things happend on youtube ok? until then make good karma all of you

Ivarbalade Norway
wladymeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Karma can stand out, but only in real instruments. With MOSS, I believe its use as a VA can be extended and become lets say Z2 (too bad for polyphony!).

Not sure about PCM expansions, but if I got it right, Triton Extreme was enhanced exactly with a mixture of these sounds, so I guess you can extend Karma's life with some PCMs as well.

But in my opinion, even when Karma gets really old it will stay with people also because it's one of most beautiful synths of all time. Call me lame, but I know I swap my Triton Le for it 6 months ago just because of its visual aspects.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: korg karma from now in 2011 and in future!!! Reply with quote

ivarbalade wrote:

i have a plan of making a usefull tutorial of showing the korg karma in use. agree with me that is a good idea??

I for one would be interested in such a tutorial. Kindly post a link to it on this forum when you accomplish it. Thanks.
Hal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: