Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg pa3x or ketron audya5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: korg pa3x or ketron audya5 Reply with quote

Hi!
I have Korg pa2x, I want to buy Korg pa3x but ketron audya 5 is original and I love the styles,and I am in doubt for this choice.
please tell me you have choices to make. Sad
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audya is great KB, But KORG Is More, I think, Wait and see, Try it , It,s soon messe frankfurt, And you will hear and see demos on the PAX Site, And here surely.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
liri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks asena
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Audya is nice but way behind now.... (also very expensive still!!)

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
liri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes,expensive but worth it
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
expensive but worth it

Sounds like you may have made up your mind?

Audya would have been great if it was finished and released a few years ago - I was very tempted, but the sounds are "last generation". Saxes are very poor, button-to-screen line-up is annoying, USB port in very inconvenient place and more.... position of modulation wheels !!!! - it's all personal but this definitely ain't for me - way overpriced now for older technology - it's resale value alone would be disastrous. It should sit with PA2X pricing at the most, but doesn't.
In recent Audya demos I hear timing issues - slight delays when changing variations/styles/FILLs whilst playing - I am a drummer - that drives me nuts!!! I used to have a Yamaha keyboard that did that. Ketron vs. Korg arrangers is a no-brainer for me.

Anyhow, I guess we can all find fault in any keyboard so I'll leave it there.....

Good luck with your choice.

Pete Very Happy
liri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've worked with ketron audya?and you say that is not easy in use?
dragoncaz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pa2x pro and audya
pa2x is fantastic for sampler, many oscillator together ecc
but fot who prefer play styles audya is different
the drum and guitar audio make big different (I listen some demo of pa3x) and the guitar is terrible like pa2x. of course when you know audya
I never sell pa2x I like it, is fantastic, infact there are some in audya miss but for live style, non comparison. and believe me I know perfect together, I make big sound and styles for pa2x , with groove audio too.
audya more different very very fast . listen only a styles with drum and guitar only, for me is sufficient for win
of course now pa3x has more memory more oscillator ecc that audya cannot have, audya style are playable , in pa2x I have loaded all styles of ketron because I don't "understand" the concept of korg styloes
question is: do you want an arranger for live -> audya
do you want a keyboard synt programmable that has styles too ? >pa3x
after many yeas from roland, to ketron, and korg (pa1x too)
I think the concept of styles is only ketron. of course pa2x (and pa3x too) is the best for rest. I sound me "korg arranger is a synt keyboard programmable with big sampler that has plus the arranger)
of cours my opinion
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you've worked with ketron audya?and you say that is not easy in use?

Can't see where I said that.

If Audya had been completed and tested before its release it would be a true winner today but it took years to "fix", still isn't in some areas today and has been left behind.
But now its sounds are also behind the 8-ball. My personal issues with it were the physical location of the "wheels", the physical location of the USB port, the physical location of the screen surround buttons - there was some poor design here. (AudioWorks made some of these observations in one of their formal reviews).
Without even touching one, this presents obvious playing discomforts for me.
Then hearing "Audya" demos which had style-play latency problems completely put me off.
In concept it was an excellent keyboard but way way too expensive for what it does and what it is lacking and now somewhat out of date.

The next generation of Audya (if there is one) may do well but hacking the current generation does fit in the market right now. IMHO, it just isn't a contender.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
liri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both keyboards have their peculiarities and are very good,
but I think that audya5 has more originality in the drum and live performance.
I like korg arranger,but audya5 I like more.
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liri wrote:

Although I am a big KORG fan, if I were to buy a keyboard and wanted for good LIVE styles,I would go with the AUDYA 5, in my opinion it is the best to date, period, and the sampler is big enough to get good sampled sounds, if you are peculiar with sounds just get a synth workstation for a second keyboard for live use, by the way Pete, the SAX sound on all the KETRON including the MS50 which was 1st generation blow away any KORG any day, they are really good and also the PIANO on the PA2X and PA800 is the worst, the I30 had better ROM samples, the Aydya again shines in that area also.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vangelismusic wrote:
the SAX sound on all the KETRON including the MS50 which was 1st generation blow away any KORG any day

As we constantly say - it is all in the ears of the beholder - however I totally disagree with you on that - part of my evaluation before buying a new keyboard has been "the sax sound" - I love sax and use it a lot in my playing. It was the sax sound on the Audya that stopped me buying it in the first place.
As for pianos - well I can't say that I am disappointed with the Korg but then,, to be fair, I am not a pianist - however, I am a drummer of many years and I will say that Korg has not yet produced anything outstanding. I prefer Tyros for drums (well some of them) and from memory the Audya was pretty good.

IMHO - that's all

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vangelismusic wrote:
liri wrote:

Although I am a big KORG fan, if I were to buy a keyboard and wanted for good LIVE styles,I would go with the AUDYA 5, in my opinion it is the best to date, period, and the sampler is big enough to get good sampled sounds, if you are peculiar with sounds just get a synth workstation for a second keyboard for live use, by the way Pete, the SAX sound on all the KETRON including the MS50 which was 1st generation blow away any KORG any day, they are really good and also the PIANO on the PA2X and PA800 is the worst, the I30 had better ROM samples, the Aydya again shines in that area also.

Just get a Kronos and combine that with an audya 4 and you get the best of both Korg and Ketron... combine that with some VST's in the new upcomming Groovebox (to get for example that perfect sax sound) and you have a perfect setup...
boyscout

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this thread be bumped back to life? I had pretty much decided on the PA3X, but it is still weeks (61-key) and even MONTHS (76-key) away from being available in Canada. (Good grief Korg! Global marketplace?!) Last night I stumbled onto the Ketron Audya online.

(Disclaimer: I have only met these instruments online.)

OMG the Audya sounds INCREDIBLE! Due respect to Pete in this thread, but to my ears the sax and many other instruments blow the PA3X completely out of the water! Just amazing.

But it's not only about the sound, is it? (I've never owned an arranger.) Pete made some good criticisms of the Audya's hardware design. To them I'd add that style play control seems too reliant on apparently-stiff and apparently-sensitive sliders... no instant-action buttons as on the PA3X. Also apparently no intro/ending/fill features, does the Audya have these?

How do these keyboards compare as solo-player instruments, and as adaptable and flexible workstations, and how will they hold up in the future. Any comments? The PA3X is the suspected winner in these areas... but is it the winner?

The Audya is available now, instant gratification. Thanks for any further thoughts about which of these keyboards to buy for primarily self-entertainment use.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Audya is a fine instriument for sure but before you fork out lots of money think about their after sales support.

I am a member of synthzone and there are many audya owners that frequent that forum. Some have had minor issues with the product and some major but ALL have had horrible experience in terms oif customer after sales support. Ketron dont respond to emails, telephone calls ....anything. That alone is a big red flag about whether or not your initial investment is in anyway protected by a warranty or gaurantee.

You have to take in to account that these instruments are ever more increasingly more technical and therefore there is a higher likelihood that something wil either go wrong in the future or you will discover a feature that doesnt work correctly as you get deeper into the board. Whjo will help you resolve the problem ? How long will it take toi be fixed ?

will it get fixed at all ???? There is one member on synthzone who now uses his Audya as a shelf because the software/hardware completely failed.

Just something to bare in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: