Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 people on this forum have spent serious quality time on the Kronos

another 7 people have tested it in a shop for 20 minutes or 2 hours.

the remaining 2575 people debating the Kronos have not the faintest idea what it is.

And you're surprised that kronos threads go off-topic?!?

And when you go off-topic, it is in the NATURE of the Internet [an illiterate and demented medium in itself] that discussions quickly go "tinfoil hat" or "militant This or That" or "plain clown making fun of a sad situation" [which is my favorite version].

Go to the m3 or radias or oasys or "general synth" or "lionstracs" threads, and the same people will be there seriously discussing music and technology.

Korg wanted attention? They got it.

They wanted QUALITY attention? They should have thought better
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Until people get their hands on the KRONOS, there's not much to talk about. The demos have been talked about, the comparisons to the OASYS have been beaten to death, and now we're just twiddling our thumbs. As soon as they start to ship, this place will light up.

I agree with that. It sometimes looks like this thread is more a competition which would give enough candidates for something like "The top 10 silly questions about Kronos".

Maybe Sharp should move this complete thread to a "Pre-Kronos forum practice" and create a new one, once the Kronos has been arrived to all who preordered it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
5 people on this forum have spent serious quality time on the Kronos

another 7 people have tested it in a shop for 20 minutes or 2 hours.

the remaining 2575 people debating the Kronos have not the faintest idea what it is.

And you're surprised that kronos threads go off-topic?!?

And when you go off-topic, it is in the NATURE of the Internet [an illiterate and demented medium in itself] that discussions quickly go "tinfoil hat" or "militant This or That" or "plain clown making fun of a sad situation" [which is my favorite version].

Go to the m3 or radias or oasys or "general synth" or "lionstracs" threads, and the same people will be there seriously discussing music and technology.

Korg wanted attention? They got it.

They wanted QUALITY attention? They should have thought better

some people lack self control, have their own personal rants

have you posted with them here ?
Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents.

What's happening in this part of the forum is a normal reaction for the launch of a new workstation. When I opened this area of the forum I even commented on it and made a few points to help people settle into life on the forum.

When the keyboard is actually launched things will settle down.

Regards
Sharp.
UCanDream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi E1 in this thread.

Thanks for your welcome remarks. They revitalize my enthusiasm toward this forum.

To BillBaker: LOL @ your pony! G1.
GregC: Very nicely put. Seriously, 'Kronos, music, diversion,' and lots of music related stuff....I personally don't mind even an occassional outburst of something else to get a good giggle out of the rest of us. But that's just me.
Mr. Kevin Nolan: One of my fave forum members! Didn't even know that, did ya? It's cuz you're a level headed guy and serious without being rigid. And you are always helpful. Good combination. (And by the way, I agree with your sentiments to not "be too hard." I really wasn't, I don't think.)
xmlguy: Wow....I don't know, just- wow! Not enough castration and eating little people?? Yes, that explains everything!
To Apresmidi2010: I hope that my original post didn't leave you or anyone thinking that I opposed the expression of concern for the welfare of others. When I mentioned "off topic" I really was referring to the scripted beat downs and other written offenses by forum members who seem to believe that the rest of us exist merely for their own ill-mannered and offensive exploits.
McHale: Yep. You got it buddy!
TkWall: Dude! That was hysterical! I remember those days like they just happened. And you are ‘dead on’ right. Too funny.
Randelph: Good response, man. I appreciated your thoughts.
Hey RKfan: That was pretty insightful. It even had a hint of AA philosphy....cool.
To ozy: You are a perplexing man. I think you have a lot on your mind and a lot on your plate (go ahead and read into that whatever you want....but I'm not being ugly or cynical). I find myself agreeing with some things you say and others make me aware of how aloof you can be. One note from your reply: "It is in the NATURE of the Internet [an illiterate and demented medium in itself] that discussions quickly go..." Nah, I don't think so. The Internet is a void connected by wires and wireless transmissions. It is neither "illiterate nor demeted." But it is a 'platform' to many hundreds of millions of both useful and useless people. The "NATURE of the internet" is non-exisent. It is the nature of people that has created "what" the Internet has become- good OR bad or both. I'm not trying to battle your wits, as that would be a pointless endeavor for me, admittedly. One more note: You said, "And you're surprised that kronos threads go off-topic?!?" Nope. I was not surprised at that at all. What "surprised" (more like, disappointed) me was how ugly and condescending people will get when stating their views or bashing the views of others. That's all...
To axxim: Indeed.
Sharp: You speak from experience so I would have to go along with ya.

Well, that will be plenty enough from stupid little ole me.
Peace ya’ll
UCanDream aka David
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT ALERT

UCanDream wrote:
The Internet is neither "illiterate nor demeted." But it is a 'platform' to many hundreds of millions of both useful and useless people. The "NATURE of the internet" is non-existent.

so, it's even worse than my (moderately) negative description presumed Shocked

"many hundreds of millions of people" expressing their opinion in writing on everything, without knowing, much less aknowledging, that differences of education and competence exist,

sounds like a nice definition of "illiteracy",

and very near to my definition of "hell". Rolling Eyes

but whatever... that's just the Elitist me speaking Razz
UCanDream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, ozy!

I didn't say I was right about anything. I just submitted my thoughts. Hey, I'm probably wrong.

I don't mind being wrong... Wacky

Peace buddy.
Smile
David
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm closing this threat in order to sink it as I will be Moderate this part of the forum more actively to clean up things.

I will also bring attention to this link again as I fear certain people may get banned during the process of bring this part of the forum in line with the behaviour found in every other section of the forum.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58593

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: