Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweetwater Price??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: These dogs won't hunt!!! Reply with quote

dingo_klectos wrote:
Sweetwater has already revised its return policy because it knows the majority of these dogs are coming back to them DOA.
Keep your receipts, fanboys!!!!!!

Sigh....

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
maphill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: These dogs won't hunt!!! Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
dingo_klectos wrote:
Sweetwater has already revised its return policy because it knows the majority of these dogs are coming back to them DOA.
Keep your receipts, fanboys!!!!!!

Sigh....

I agree. Do the mods on this forum ban trolls? Is there a reporting procedure? From what I've seen this forum is better than most for it's information/junk ratio, but it only takes a few to sour things for many.

-Mark.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Synthoid wrote:
JimH wrote:
Guitar Center regularly has 15% off sales, though they limit it to $500. That's probably how I'll get a Kronos

Before you visit Guitar Center, read the "excluded manufacturer list" on their sale coupons.

I believe Korg is on that list, so GC probably won't give you a 15% discount on the KRONOS.

Sad

Sam Ash and Best Buy Music Gear will match competitors sales, and they don't always read the fine print too carefully, although sometimes they might call to verify on a particular expensive item. Guitar Center seems to always be trying to pull the ole' bait and switch routine. My experience with Best Buy music gear departments has been very positive in the past, particularly their amazing clearance prices. There's a very good chance Best Buy will carry KRONOS, since they stock the Motif XS 88, VSynth GT, & M3, which are in the same price range. I'm not talking about every Best Buy - only the ones with music instrument gear departments.

I know it's kind of sacrilege, but if/when I actually get this thing, I really hope they sell it at Best Buy Music. Besides the fact that I know they will price match, they offer no interest financing deals for big ticket items way beyond what most music retailers will do. I inquired about the Kronos last week there, and while the guy didn't know for sure if they'd actually be getting one in, he said that it would most definitely qualify for their big ticket appliance financing - 36 months no interest. I generally don't like to buy instruments on credit, but a 3 year free loan is a 3 year free loan. It's a lot easier negotiating tactic with the wife than telling her that you are taking $3xxx out of the bank for YET ANOTHER musical instrument that "you already have too many of."
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
ngr33n

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...but a 3 year free loan is a 3 year free loan. It's a lot easier negotiating tactic with the wife than telling her that you are taking $3xxx out of the bank for YET ANOTHER musical instrument that "you already have too many of."

Hear, hear. Applause
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: These dogs won't hunt!!! Reply with quote

dingo_klectos wrote:
the majority of these dogs are coming back to them DOA.

I know, I know, I started this when I first discussed Dingo's sexual life.

I should have known better than exciting his comments.

But now, please, Dingo: "DOA dog" is a bit too self-deprecating, ain't it?

You are just a bit tired...

Try a blue pill.
jahrome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maphill wrote:
I just got a quote from SW (today), and they said "it's going to be quite a while before we get the NAMM stuff but we'll ship it the instant we get it".

Mark.

Here it Japan, the Kronos is just being advertised for sale. The 61 key version is being advertised for 258,000 yen which will set me back $3225 US Sad The Kronos is projected to arrive in stores here on 9 April.
ScottB601

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: New Kronos Reply with quote

Sweetwater does have excellent service, but I buy from Guitar Center if possible because it's a heck of a lot cheaper to take something back in the car than sending it back my mail.

Just ordered my Kronos 88!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kronos Reply with quote

ScottB601 wrote:

The reason for selling your OASYS 76 just became clearer!! Smile
ScottB601

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The direct USB connection to computer is worth it. I love the graded pads on the touchscreen, setlist mode, sounds trailing out rather than cutting off when switching patches, and.......well, you know.

I actually decided to buy the Kronos today, after selling the O on Sunday afternoon (after a giant hassle no more international sales for me). I was going to hoof it with my Prophet 8 PE and my Yamaha Motif XF7. Then I heard the "analog" patches, a few of them anyway, from the Kronos, and bye bye Prophet. Already sold that also. G.A.S. It is a travail with which we must all deal. My main reason for selling the O is that I rarely use it, and I wanted more room to move my studio. But, guess I'm staying put for now.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Kronos Reply with quote

ScottB601 wrote:
Sweetwater does have excellent service, but I buy from Guitar Center if possible because it's a heck of a lot cheaper to take something back in the car than sending it back my mail.

my rep doesn't make me pay shipping to send back. (don't think he does at least)... lol

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: