Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musikmesse 6th April
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanhwile there are more than 20 youtube videos of the "Jupiter 80" online, many with quite impressive sounds and performances.
Just search for "Jupiter 80 Musikmesse"

Now search for "Kronos Musikmesse".
You will find the one, ultra lame smalltalk interview.
No performance videos to impress the European public, nothing.

Something in Korgs worldwide marketing is definitely going wrong here.
And not just a bit.
Are they even aware how big the common European market has become?
It seems not.
T7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Meanhwile there are more than 20 youtube videos of the "Jupiter 80" online, many with quite impressive sounds and performances.

Something in Korgs worldwide marketing is definitely going wrong here.
And not just a bit.
Are they even aware how big the common European market has become?
It seems not.

USA, USA, USA!!! Wink Laughing
dokido

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope korg survive though
korg has a special sound quality I think
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dokido wrote:
hope korg survive though
korg has a special sound quality I think

I dont think you have anything to worry about. The Kronus is Korgs Ace in the Hole and they will sell quite a few of them!! Unless..I said Unless.....the Jupiter 80 is priced for much less than it is expected, which will take a few buyers away from the Kronus. But I doubt it will happen as all the key geeks are poo pooing it because its a ROmpler and has only 1 LFO ..yada yada.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word that Kronos won "Best Workstation" at the annual Messe MIPA awards.

I'm sure they'll update the site tomorrow morning.

http://www1.mipa-award.de/

Regards,

Jerry
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Just got word that Kronos won "Best Workstation" at the annual Messe MIPA awards.

I'm sure they'll update the site tomorrow morning.

http://www1.mipa-award.de/

Regards,

Jerry

Fantastic!! Great News!! Congrats to all the Korg team!!

So I guess that also means "Casio" came in 2nd???????? Laughing
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:

That's not true... I was at the demo yesterday (very great demo by a German player and impressive sounds) and there was a guy filming. I saw people coming in the room, passing in front the cam, knocking the tripod, etc... so nobody knows if the video will be good.

In this world "where everything has to be done for yesterday", maybe just give some time until the end of the show, for the guys to shoot some good videos, do the montage and put them online for free...

You should all be considered as lucky guys to have full access today to this videos from home... Back in the days, it was impossible for anyone to go to some Trade Show if you weren't Pro, and then miss a lot of good stuff.

So, just go grab a beer and some patience...

PS: And the JP-80 is not as impressive as the Kronos. Definitely not the same league. It could be a cool synth, but they will really need all this hype with YouTube videos to sell Jupiters over Kronos.

Phil
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I have no doubts that Andreas Gundlach, the German keyboarder, is very good at demoing the Kronos.

I was just frustrated to hear no concrete announcements at all, after nearly 4 months since Namm introduction, and then also get the above youtube results. They ARE true, and at a glance I could see no change this morning, with a very high JP80 youtube coverage and only that one irrelevant German Kronos video.

In one word: a lot of Jupiter 80 hype, and no news from Korg.
And it is still impossible to order a Kronos in Europe, or to get ANY release information from any dealer.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think the number of YouTube videos has nothing to do with the overall quality of a keyboard and the release date. We clearly don't know if the JP-80 will really be available, and even if it will be, it's still far away from the Kronos. I don't say the JP-80 is bad, but just that it is one synth, not nine... and definitely not a workstation. The touchscreen and overall quality look like a toy in comparison to Kronos. It might be two good keyboards, but definitely not in the same game and not the same league.

The Kronos wasn't a production model and I found a little bug (some GUI refresh)... no big deal but it clearly show Korg still work to make it perfect and I have no doubt it will be. I'm confident they could maintain the end of April date if they wouldn't have any production issues du to Japan disaster.

However, they told me than even if Korg facilities has been affected, some of their suppliers might be in the North. So they will know better if everything will come back in regular situation, Or if they would need to switch to another supplier and lost and end some long term partnership and then get some additional cost.

So it might be just more complicated than we think but in any case even if we have to wait few more months, it will be worth it. There's still no other keyboard that can do what the Kronos does, and surely not the Jupiter-80.

Again, we should be happy to have access to this info of preview of prototype. Back in the day, only Pros knew that and all stores were selling as much as possible the old stock before the new unit. Today, someone interested to buy a M3 will have all interest to wait on the Kronos. Few years ago, he would have been pissed to see a new keyboard only few months after the purchase.

Look, the Jupiter-80 has been showed 4 months ago too, but only to press and some selected pros. It's quite the same so. Korg just choose to make it public instead of private. That's even better for the customers.

Phil

Phil
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpIdErWeB wrote:
Again, we should be happy to have access to this info of preview of prototype. Back in the day, only Pros knew that...

Korg just choose to make it public instead of private. That's even better for the customers.

I think these kind of "premature" announcements are only because of the strong competition.

Almost all manufacturers do like that - so finally it doesn't help the customers that much. Very Happy
RKfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos vs Jupiter

I really dont understand the hysteria - we don't work for either of these companies. This tribal mentality about whether one or the other is the best or really defensive about the existence of another option is getting pretty silly. Especially since no-one here actually owns one or the other. I see the two synths as Penelope Cruz and Angelina Jolie - both stonking, both (currently - I mean the boards) untouchable. Que lastima.

Most people will look at both of these (JP, Kronos not PC/AJ) or any other board they are currently lusting after and decide what they really like, what they like less and buy the one(s) that suits them. It took me 12 months to buy my last car (its really nice) bought it for lots of reasons (size, speed, comfort, leather seats, look) but the things that did it for me were, the BMW and Audi reps were complete XXXXXs, I got more toys (think synth engines) for what I was prepared to pay, and the manufacturer just came out with a 5 seater version (Hmmm.. Karma Chameleon) so I can get the kids and grandma in the back and still look cool.

OK, but I really want a Kronos......

.... hoped it would be for my birthday (in June).... but more likely to be for Christmas.

Actually the Kronos is fantasic isnt it... Can't wait....

... Rather not wait....

... Gonna have to though.... Sigh!
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Korg has been very clear since day 1, by saying the Kronos shouldn't be available before April/May. Only few stores and people did start rumors of earlier delivery or so... but it never came from Korg Reps.

I do think it's great to know that a new keyboard's coming... If someone don't like it, they just need to unplug the Internet and wait to see new stuff in their Music Store... that's not that complicated!

Look, I do want to buy a V-Synth GT, but I know it will be replaced in the end of this year, so I'm just waiting, because it's not urgent and can spend some money on other gear such Kronos, Jupiter-80, Nord Wave, Motif XF or so...

So, in the end, it's good to know...

Phil
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpIdErWeB wrote:

Look, I do want to buy a V-Synth GT, but I know it will be replaced in the end of this year, so I'm just waiting, because it's not urgent and can spend some money on other gear such Kronos, Jupiter-80, Nord Wave, Motif XF or so...

Phil

Hi Phil, where did hear such news about "successor" for V-synth GT within end of the year?

and what it will be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: