Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS new sample libraries in the future ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Sharp has already replied in "Kronos feedback" thread that YOU CAN'T stream user samples, he asked Korg guys at NAMM.

And you cannot free those 750 MB, because those are attack portions of the samples stored in RAM for quick access, the REST of the samples is streamed from the SSD! I mean, you can unload them completely, but then you'd have no EXs to work with at all! So, those 750 MB are STREAMING REQUIREMENTS, the part you absolutely HAVE to load for sample streaming of EXs to work AT ALL.

From what I understood of what Dan wrote in another thread, you can now unload parts of the EXs libraries on a single multisample or drum sample basis.

danatkorg wrote:
When loading EXs, you can set for each Multisample/Drum Sample whether it is loaded into RAM or played via VMT (or just set all of them at once, if desired). KSC functionality is expanded to encompass EXs as well as user samples. You can load individual Multisamples or Drum Samples from an EXs, as desired. The factory preset KSC loads all of several of the EXs, and then parts of others. One or more KSC files can be automatically loaded at startup.

Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro

Last edited by X-Trade on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
SoulBe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
As for libraries/updates, i think The KRONOS 'may' get something similar to the Brass update the OASYS had, with a few set of CD's. You load them in, and they are integrated with the rest of the EXis' etc, in that - unlike "samples" they will able to be streamed with the rest of the sounds. Could be demos - like on the OASYS, who paid £80 or so to "unlock" them, but could be free Idea

Tony

Hi Tony, if I understood the spec correctly, the Ex3 is already built in without additional fee:

Build-in Expansion PCM Libraries:

EXs1 - ROM Expansion

EXs2 - Concert Grand Piano

EXs3 - Brass & Woodwinds

EXs4 - Vintage Keyboards

EXs5 - ROM Expansion 2

EXs6 - SGX-1 German D Piano

EXs7 - SGX-1 Japanese C Piano

EXs8 - Rock Ambience Drums

EXs9 – Jazz Ambience Drums

Regards
SoulBe
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
who do you think you are?

I'm the person who has carefully read every post in every thread in Kronos section of this forum, and I saw those questions answered already. Smile
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
From what I understood of what Dan wrote in another thread, you can now unload parts of the EXs libraries on a single multisample or drum sample basis.

Yes, EXs. Those will be preloaded and/or streamed from the disk. User samples, on the other hand, CAN be preloaded, but ONLY fully to RAM, they will not be streamed from the disk.

Well, this seems like it could be fixed/added in an OS update anyways... But I wouldn't count on it.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
X-Trade wrote:

Yes, EXs. Those will be preloaded and/or streamed from the disk. User samples, on the other hand, CAN be preloaded, but ONLY fully to RAM, they will not be streamed from the disk.

Well, this seems like it could be fixed/added in an OS update anyways... But I wouldn't count on it.

I was refering to unloading individual drum or multisamples that you don't want/need from the EXs libraries in order to free up more RAM for user samples, because your earlier post inferred that you could only unload whole EXs libraries at a time.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, you do realize you are debating each other on an internet forum over a keyboard which no one has in their hands yet? Just saying...
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inferring was accidental, I too am very aware of Dan's post, and it's great that Kronos has a feature like that. Smile
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
RC-IA wrote:
who do you think you are?

I'm the person who has carefully read every post in every thread in Kronos section of this forum, and I saw those questions answered already. Smile

i'd like to have your free time to read all the threads and posts in this mess that kronos is causing on the forum Laughing

Razz Razz

ok, no user sample streaming, but, to load them at start up is at least a good thing compared to oasys. If we see the ram growing (it seems they already discuss about it), that could make it!
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
People, you do realize you are debating each other on an internet forum over a keyboard which no one has in their hands yet? Just saying...

Internet. Laughing
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:

it's to know if we gonna buy it or not !! Wink
muziksculp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I decided to revisit this topic once again. The Kronos release date is probably getting closer.

So far non of the Kronos audio demos I heard have been Orchestral type scores. (maybe I missed something ?) and I also have not heard a whole lot of Acoustic instrument demos, most of the demos were rather focused more on synth stuff, and Pianos/Organs.

Well... I'm hoping that the Kronos with it's large capacity SSD built-in drive, will be enhanced with very high-quality'Orchestral Sounds' Strings/Brass/Woodwinds/Perc. sample libraries for serious orchestral work, not just a bit of brass hits, or synthy sounding orchestral string sections, or solo ok-sounding woodwinds, and double reed instruments.

In addition, more high-quality World Instruments, and Higher-Quality Acoustic Guitars, and other various instruments, solo and section.

Given that the Kronos has various Synth modeling engines, I would like to know if there will be more Acoustic/Orchestral Sample library expansions for the Kronos in the near future ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: