Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandora PX4D Faulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Pandora PX4D Faulty Reply with quote

Hi!

I recently bought a PX4D. There are a couple of issues:

1. Sometimes the sound just cuts out. I have to change patch to get the sound back. This may be happening on specific patches (e.g.G SYNTH). I thought the batteries supplied might be a bit old, so I put fresh ones in. They make no difference.

2. The Amp Modelling selector only changes the sound on a couple of settings. Also, the setting opposite the arrow isn't what is shown on the screen. The same thing happens in Edit mode.

Can anyone confirm this is definitly wrong? If so, I'll get the shop to replaced it.

Thanks for any help.

Alan
littlepig

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PX4D and I have experienced none of these problems. If you have changed the batteries and you are still having trouble I would take it back
alanb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I ended up returning it, and swapping it for a PX5D instead. That's working fine, except when I connect the USB, I get a huge amount of noise. I've got a support ticket in for that at the moment.

Alan
Ben_NZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Pandora PX4D Faulty Reply with quote

alanb wrote:
1. Sometimes the sound just cuts out. I have to change patch to get the sound back. This may be happening on specific patches (e.g.G SYNTH). I thought the batteries supplied might be a bit old, so I put fresh ones in. They make no difference.

I have this same problem with mine. It'll work for a while after I first turn it on, then the sound will start cutting out. The sound cuts out completely and stays off until you change to a different effect or amp model, but after you've done this it will soon go off again. This gets more frequent until you give up.
Suspiciously, I bought this on sale from a slightly dodgy music shop.
Ben_NZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to the bottom of why my PX4D kept losing sound output. I took it back to the shop for repair, but they eventually gave me a new one which works fine. My old one will be the shop demo unit - hopefully customers only want to try it out for a minute or two!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: