Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicrazy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: review Reply with quote

http://www.jazzhooves.com/2011/04/korg-pa3x-pro-review/#comments

Bad review with 6/10 scored.
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Thanks, but this is a old one. And just so you know it, the os he had isn't the one we will have. They got kind of a "beta"-os & musical resource. So don't expect that to be a final result.

Regards, Ronny
Frans N

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This review sucks big time and doesn't make any sense. Drums to real hahaha. Jazzhooves is a Yamaha fanboy so very biased.
fatih89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OVERALL VIEW
I just don’t know where this keyboard is going and to be honest I don’t think Korg do. Whilst it has some great features and looks beautiful, the core basics of this instrument have not been met. The PA3x Pro is an arranger keyboard, so why is it that they seem to have not focused on their key requirement - styles.
The sounds are good, the layout is a little confusing and why on earth you need two song players with a fade control has always been beyond me. I guess if you want to play a few notes to a midi file and sing, then this keyboard is perfect. Anyone wanting to play and spend hours enjoying the styles, forget it.

Made my day. Smile
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heave T 4 here, And yes The Styles bla bla bla, Yes Some Styles on T 4 Is Awesome, But even there some styles are from PSR 8000, So it depends, are you god tweaker, THAN you make it,KORG , is super on edits , Yamaha, is a Start Play machine

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going on a hunger strike until they improve the rating from 6/10 to 7/10 Wink

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OVERALL VIEW
I just don’t know where this keyboard is going and to be honest I don’t think Korg do. Whilst it has some great features and looks beautiful, the core basics of this instrument have not been met. The PA3x Pro is an arranger keyboard, so why is it that they seem to have not focused on their key requirement - styles.
The sounds are good, the layout is a little confusing and why on earth you need two song players with a fade control has always been beyond me. I guess if you want to play a few notes to a midi file and sing, then this keyboard is perfect. Anyone wanting to play and spend hours enjoying the styles, forget it.

No idea where that quote came from. It's nuts!!!
If you're considering buying a new car - ever thought of taking it for a drive first?

Unless Yamaha have re-built their Tyros styles with some intelligent chord variations technology (let alone rebuilt the OS), they will never match Korg styles or be authentic enough for me. I already spent hours and hours on my T3 and PSR s910 - nice home arrangers... yes, I know, just my opinion but actually having both Tyros and PA2X keyboards together is the only way I could sensibly establish the Yamaha/Korg differences. Having extensively researched and played the T4 there is still no comparison. OK, if it is ALL about sounds then maybe the "Arranger" is the wrong keyboard - if it is about styles, Korg revolutionised the market with the i-series and just went from strength to strength. T3/4 - nice intros & endings but that's about it.

I am not arguing with others' opinions, I just hope that there aren't as many "regret" messages on this forum from people selling up their Korgs for Yamaha and then returning to Korg.

PLEASE RESEARCH first - don't take anyone's word for it - just play it, read about it.

I may hate the PA3X but I sure am not going to make any decisions based on youtube and half-baked opinions with no real substance.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
musicrazy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this review was made by someone who don't know the pa series at all. I think Korg o.s. is very intuitive indeed but also complex because you can do very deep editing. Korg is certainly the most powerfull arranger on the market. Not the best sounding out of the box but you can do it sound to your needs and own taste, so it can be very bad or very good.... depends on the user. Yamaha sounds good out of the box.... but that's how it will sound forever if you understand what i mean..... That's not a bad thing... i like yammys too... but i think a well customized pa2 or pa3 sounds better on overall mixing.
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with all things in life, a lot depends on how you want to use the thing.
I'm one of those 'odd' people that uses my PA2X for playing live, but don't use the styles.
I only use the styles at home for noodling around.

I play in a duo, so I use Cubase to make all my backing track midi files from scratch. I then transfer them to the PA and mix them in the keyboard and use the songbook. Singing along, I use the TC Helicon quite a lot with chords on one of the tracks to provide the harmony.
So you see, If they've improved the sounds, (yes), improved the Voice processor, (yes), added the MAXXAudio suite, more effects capabilities (yes) ambient drums, (yes), then I'm happy.

Could they have improved things further? absolutely. I'd love to be able to use Guitar Mode live (like Real Guitar VST). I wish I could send tracks to the separate outputs with effects on and I've never understood why it's not possible to save a song in the song book with another track in Player 2, it's only an association!

I played around on the T4 for a bit and yes, the sounds are lovely but it isn't suitable for me to play live in the way I want to use it. So, unlike the reviewer who was moaning about the file players, for me they are essential and no other keyboard apart from the Auyda has that capability. For me the PA3X seems the perfect fit.

As Pete says though, I will of course try one out before I buy one to make sure it's worth the difference from the PA2X.

(now if I can just find the cash for a Kronos as well, then I'm in heaven)

Cheers

Simon
Clavie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Review PA 3X Reply with quote

I've read all the comments posted and I must ask how many of you have played the PA 3X??
I spent 4 days at the UK Pakefield festival, playing both the PA 3X and the T4 for comparison. The PA 3X wins easily if you want live styles and a great overall sound. As regards the PA 2X, the PA 3X is better in all departments. The new Rock,Country, Latin, Blues styles are better and both the 61 & 76 keys have the same semi-weighted keyboard and controls, sliders etc.
I've traded in my PA 800 & looking forward to my new PA 3X.
Only my opinions of course - you should reserve judgement until you've played it.! !
Clavie
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clavie, that's reassuring to know. I think most people's gripes here are that there don't seem to be too many technological operational advances in the PA3X.
From what you've said having played one, is that the sounds are better. I've read the manuals (sad I know) and looked at the programme/multisample list and there's loads of new stuff.

That's good enough for me.

Cheers

Simon
liongold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing live is what it's all about. This new TC Helicon processor, more intros, fills, endings, MAXX audio, many new "western" sounding styles, etc, make the upgrade worth it alone. I loved the Pa1x Pro...thought it couldn't get any better. Then came 2x and Schazam!, that couldn't get any better. This baby is gonna be built like a tank. Let's be real, for me Korg has never dissapointed. Sure, there are a few things I might have hoped for, but Korg is still at the top their game, big time. Hey Pete , the only thing you'll hate about this 3x is the outrageous price you guys have to pay for it down under. Shocked It just ain't right, brother. Liongold Cool P.S. I've got 30 days to demo it after it arrives. If it doesn't measure up, I just ship it back to Sweetwater for a full refund, if it's in perfect shape. Somehow I don't think that'll happen. Dave Smile
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This review kind of contradicts itself in many ways. Poorly written for sure.

paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
This review kind of contradicts itself in many ways. Poorly written for sure.

I totally agree.
This guy only owned a pa80 ...(long time ago and hasnt even played the pa1x or the 2x ..... ) He ALWAYS owned a Yamaha and wants to give us a review of the pa3x.......well I could die laughing.... Laughing Laughing

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: