Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are banks organized & can they be easily reorganized
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something in the editor or the VST that says which combis uses the current prog Exclamation
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the programs ordered? the original M3 loadout followed the traditional KORG ordering by organizing them in 16's ... program 0, 16, 32, 48, etc were all pianos, 1, 17, 33, 49 were all something else. When they released the Xpanded patch they reordered them into the "producer" organization so all the pianos were in one place, all the organs were in another, then all the melodic percussion, etc. This was MUCH easier to find everything when you needed it.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargmel,

At least on the unit itself, the order of program by number is not really important.... Category search is much easier, and put all sounds in the category from ALL banks in one screen....

Kevin,

Yes, that auditioning of programs right from Hard Disk and USB drives is amazing....... I use it all the time before loading the sounds.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowtime wrote:
There must be something in the editor or the VST that says which combis uses the current prog Exclamation

There wasn't for the OASYS so is unlikely to be for the Kronos...
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with many points above in the thread. As an experienced OASYS user I'd like to add:

The system is great, has very nice features but also few weaknesses that should be improved. I posted some logical ideas: the alphabetical order, the enhanced previewing, the "In Combis" tab (#4). I hope they will be implemented.

I say for Kronos a librarian would be extremely important. Fortunately, there's hope for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: