Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos ships in July in the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still £250 to £350 too high.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From DV: 3118 pounds for a 61 notes, list price, subject to discount. With a 10% discount, i still would win about 600 pounds importing from the US after tax and duties! Incredible
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From DV: 3118 pounds for a 61 notes, list price, subject to discount. With a 10% discount, i still would win about 600 pounds importing from the US after tax and duties! Incredible

At that price we will all import from the US.

I think that a reasonable street (i.e. purchase price) is around £2250 to £2350, £2400 at a pinch (if I have been drinking heavily)... Higher than that and I hold out for 6 months or walk away (maybe a brief, mournful look over my shoulder, a sniff or two, but eventually run into the keys of something else).

There is still the option of a group buy - thread is still waiting.
UKSimon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Even though they are slightly different beasts, but both flagship models, DV have the Jupiter 80 for £2498. That's £800 cheaper than even the K61!!

Maybe, just maybe that will alert Korg to look at their pricing structure again.

Here's hoping
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I'd be ECSTATIC if I can get a K61 for around £2.3k.....

I've set myself a limit of £2.7k.... which I think is more realistic imho.
Ideally that will include trawling Ebay for a hardcase.

After all there's £400 difference there.

And I totally agree that Roland have played a crafty hand here with the Jupiter 80 pricing, as regardless of the differences between the 2 machines, the Roland is

1. Cheaper
2. Newer sound generation techniques
3. Nostalgic (and this WILL have a bearing on purchase imho)

Given the choice, I can see prospective buyers going to a Jupiter 80 if K61 isn't close in price.
After all, another option (and I am still seriously considering this) is to go Legacy software (but I've got this anyway), an M3 and a Fantom g6...... or similar rig.
For the same money.....

That is still a serious rig in itself - and all options are covered there...... within reason.

A comparable price to Jupiter would be a welcome addition to swaying the vote Korg's way! Laughing

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
UKSimon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Dan.

When the Kronos was announced, I thought the 61 would be perfect to complete my rig - BUT- it is almost twice the price of the M3 61, which even with the advances of technology is a huge difference.

If that price is confirmed, I will be one of those seriously looking at the Jupiter instead.

Time will tell

Simon
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Martin, I did call and was quoted the $2799. and then today I emailed them and received the same discount quote via email. (Hard copy)
I really hate like hell the back and forth BS. I'm really surprised after all the business I have directed to them. I may just go with Nova.
I also wonder about store allocation? ie. you are # 30 in their pre order list and they get in 25, sorry sir, you'll be in our next shipment .. bla bla..

K61 selling - pre-release at $2,799 in the US - that is £1,750...!!!!

So where are the EU prices and release dates?

I am getting really bored with this....

It has gone beyond shameful,

It is showing no respect for protential customers,

A real lack of honour from the EU arm of this fine Japanese company... (honour, respect and shame used to be a big thing in Japan.... Obviously not for the EU part of the company). Where our US cousins are whooping it up at all the parties they are getting thrown (good luck guys, have fun) - Korg in Europe can't get thier act together. Kinda stinks don't it.....
spritz76

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So where are the EU prices and release dates?

I am getting really bored with this....

It has gone beyond shameful,

It is showing no respect for protential customers,

A real lack of honour from the EU arm of this fine Japanese company... (honour, respect and shame used to be a big thing in Japan.... Obviously not for the EU part of the company). Where our US cousins are whooping it up at all the parties they are getting thrown (good luck guys, have fun) - Korg in Europe can't get thier act together. Kinda stinks don't it.....

Actually, the italian Korg distributor is been the first to throw parties in the whole world - which is very pleasing and kinda surprising indeed as we are usually far behind the US and the rest of the EU. Korg Days are still being held these days in various stores across the country.

I've had the pleasure to visit a Korg Day last saturday and Mirabella did an excellent job demoing Kronos' various features and engines. He was very friendly and kindly replied to all our questions, although he couldn't talk about prices or delivery dates as he is not a sales rep. Rumour has it that deliveries will start in June, but that was no official statement, so please take it with a grain of salt.

BTW, even though Korg factories are not located in the area affected by the recent natural disaster, some of their component suppliers were indeed affected (e.g. Toshiba, Mitsubushi). So please show some respect yourself Wink
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we know all that (Italians were quick off the mark, US suggested retail prices were released four months ago, and people have been ordering at lower prices in the states recently, Oh and the earthquakes - like these are news to us here).... to repeat, we know all that.

If you read what others are saying (even those who will buy other gear like the Jupiter 80) - you will begin to understand how frustrated people are.... And if you have to wait four months or more for an announcement from Korg in the EU (being as respectful as you want).... you may reach the end of the tether on the respect front..... (I think the Kronos is going to be great when it is released and really want to buy one, but I am not impresses (and think there are a lot of others that would agree) with the strategy of silence).

As I said in my last post (on this thread) I am getting bored by the lack of news.... I guess the next excuse will be the fact that in the UK we have had a lot of bank holidays for Easter, the Royal Wedding, May Day - Korg UK must be going back to work tomorrow. Hey maybe we'll hear something before the end of June (that'll make it 6 months waiting).

As an example of what other companies do - the Jupiter 80 was announced officially at Misikmesse and the price was on DV247 within 10 days (or 2 weeks cant quite remember, but I am certain that it was much less than 4-5 months). So why can't Korg do the same thing, rather than play the game of wait and see?

Oh yeah, this'll generate the same old arguments of dollar vs yen vs Euro vs £

All I said was I'm bored..
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

And compared to the 10day Roland performance between introduction and official prices and release dates, the Korg performance concerning Kronos and Europe is really beginning to look very, very awkward! Time for lame excuses is simply over for that silly, respectless game towards European customers ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: