Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About RH3 keybeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos 61's keybed had a really nice action, but I was most interested in how controllable the aftertouch was. I was HOPING it would be better than on the Korg Z1, and it seemed to be much more so. The Z1 had a very narrow (it seemed) aftertouch zone - regardless of the response curve. The RH3 on the Kronos seemed to have a nice give, making for very expressive control over aftertouch. Not a big thing probably to a lot of players, but that was what I was most concerned about.

Oh yeah it also make the sounds turn on and off Smile
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and if you were testing it solely on a K61, it wasn't an RH3 keybed at all... the RH3 is Korg's weighted keybed.
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction! Irregardless (I love using that non-word - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless ), the aftertouch was smooth and had a nice wide sweetspot. I guess it's the same keybed as used in the M3 61. The only other Korg keybed I am familiar with was the one used on the M1, which I loved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: