Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Wavestation Reply with quote

I am very excited, I pre-ordered a Kronos just last week.

I don't here much talk about wave-sequencing. I fell in love with the wavestation many years ago. I could never get drum machines to sync very well with the various wave sequences in the wavestation.

I curious as to how Karma and wave sequencing will work together.

Shocked

What would I do for a Kronos? Wait for it! and it's killing me.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma and wave sequencing are synchronised throught the tempo (midi clock).

My D3200 (hard disk multitrack) is clock master, which then goes into my O which slaves to the D3200 - all bpm exact and perfect!
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a D3200, excellent little multi tracker. The display is a little hard to see.

I think I'll try and make it the master clock, like you do. Maybe a way to merge (sync) my midi sequencing and audio recording, without the computer.

I am also going to pull out the JL Cooper MSB+ revII, I have two of them, best MIDI router/patchbay I've every own. This would allow me to make the D3200 the master clock, then send sequenced midi to various keyboards from a master workstation (Fantom G7).

Thanks for the Idea's (inspiration), as maybe this will keep me busy until the Kronos arrives.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
ozy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about the wavestation compatibility of the Kronos.

I know that it both 1) contains wavestation's waveforms, 2) can do wavesequencing, 3) can do vector synthesis [really?],

but do the three elements meet like they did in the wavestation?

I mean: once I buy the Kronos (if I do), could I ditch the wavestation?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos definitely has a higher fidelity of sound than Wavestation. Probably better resolution when crossfading between waves, too. Yes, Kronos also does vector stuff - it does have a vector joystick Wink

Yeah, you could ditch it.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
I have a D3200, excellent little multi tracker. The display is a little hard to see.

Screen is a nightmare... but only because there's so many controllable variables. The D3200 is a great machine.

JPWC wrote:
I think I'll try and make it the master clock, like you do. Maybe a way to merge (sync) my midi sequencing and audio recording, without the computer.

Hit the System Midi button, then midi/mmc tab where you can set the D3200 to be master Smile (note - only works for the current song)

ozy wrote:
... but do the three elements meet like they did in the wavestation?

I mean: once I buy the Kronos (if I do), could I ditch the wavestation?

To answer your questions in order:

Yes and yes.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am curious about the wavestation compatibility of the Kronos. I know that it both 1) contains wavestation's waveforms, 2) can do wavesequencing, 3) can do vector synthesis [really?], but do the three elements meet like they did in the wavestation? I mean: once I buy the Kronos (if I do), could I ditch the wavestation?

Well, yes, going from my Oasys experience, the 3 elements meet exactly like they did in Wavestations, except that the larger display makes programming so much easier. And you have so much more on-board waveforms to choose from, and you can use your own samples. So programming wavesequencing, and vector synthesis, is much much better.

You can't load existing Wavestation data, however. Since loading DX patches into MOD-7 works so well, it would be nice if Korg added Wavestation-loading facilities in the future. Cool

jg::
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to ditch my Wavestation A/D though - gotta be worth keeping it as an OTB effects processor & vocoder.....
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: