Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ordered my Kronos 88 - But have some questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
sfernald wrote:
so those things can support a kronos 88 at about 50 pounds?

According to the specs, the Spider Pro can support 77 lbs per tier. I'm not sure how they figure in the added pressure of you pressing on the keys though.

I'm probably going to order one of these myself pretty soon since I've read good things so far. If you want a black one like I do, it looks like you can get it here for a good price. Since the same stand is sold elsewhere for $299, I was worried that it's some kind of mistake, maybe that it was actually the non-pro model. But the same site also sells the non-pro model and for less. So I guess it's correct. Seems really odd though.

It's cause some sites are quite behind the changing times and don't bother to change the prices. 199$ is the correct pricing for it currently on the street.
spritz76

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Spider Pro is good, but I bought a similarly designed stand and had to get rid of it because it was too wobbly and I constantly had the feeling that the keyboards were about to fall when playing:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/die-hard-dhks10bk-keyboard-stand--81958

I've replaced it with a Z shaped stand that feels very sturdy indeed and that will be happily host a K61 on top of a Yamaha CP33. It had no problem whatsoever to carry both the CP33 and the now gone M3-73.

http://www.herculesstands.com/keyboards/KS410B.html
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spritz76 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Spider Pro is good, but I bought a similarly designed stand and had to get rid of it because it was too wobbly and I constantly had the feeling that the keyboards were about to fall when playing:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/die-hard-dhks10bk-keyboard-stand--81958

I've replaced it with a Z shaped stand that feels very sturdy indeed and that will be happily host a K61 on top of a Yamaha CP33. It had no problem whatsoever to carry both the CP33 and the now gone M3-73.

http://www.herculesstands.com/keyboards/KS410B.html

That die hard stand looks nothing like how stable the spider pro is. Z stands are one of the most stable solutions but not exactly the most visually appealing. Not to say they're ugly but the spider pro is a beaut.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys carry all that stuff!!!! What kind of transportation do you have? Shocked

I can barely carry my S90ES... I'm so tired of lugging it in the gig bag. What kind of cart do you guys use to wheel the stuff around and how long does it take you to setup?
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
How do you guys carry all that stuff!!!! What kind of transportation do you have? Shocked

I can barely carry my S90ES... I'm so tired of lugging it in the gig bag. What kind of cart do you guys use to wheel the stuff around and how long does it take you to setup?

Just get one of those little carts and load it all up. 15 mins max
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SameDayMusic.com is selling the 2 tier Spider Pros for $199.. can you believe it?

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
JimH

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
SameDayMusic.com is selling the 2 tier Spider Pros for $199.. can you believe it?

I'd like to, but....all I could find was this. Confused

BTW, it's hard to get a sense of how big it is from pictures. Some people complain it's way too tall and only good if you're 6'5". But the spec says it's 1310mm (about 4'3") which doesn't seem tall at all. Or is that just the measurement of the column part, not counting the legs?
robinkle

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the keys. How I see it, is that the Kronos Weighted RH3 keybed have heavier keys on the left and lighter keys on the right. Making the keys to the Right better for Synth solo's which is good.
As an alternative, you could trade the Prophet 08 module to the keyboard version. I had the Prophet 08 keyboard and the keybed is extremely expressive! Nice for synth solo's.

Smile
sfernald

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
About the keys. How I see it, is that the Kronos Weighted RH3 keybed have heavier keys on the left and lighter keys on the right. Making the keys to the Right better for Synth solo's which is good.
As an alternative, you could trade the Prophet 08 module to the keyboard version. I had the Prophet 08 keyboard and the keybed is extremely expressive! Nice for synth solo's.

Smile

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Thinking about changing my order to a k61 or k73. I really want to get down to one keyboard for everything. I'd like to sell of my axiom pro 61. I don't have room for two big keyboards.

If I wanted to test out a RH3 keybed, what keyboard at say Guitar Center (the only thing in my area) has that type of bed?
JimH

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfernald wrote:
If I wanted to test out a RH3 keybed, what keyboard at say Guitar Center (the only thing in my area) has that type of bed?

The Korg SV-1 uses the RH3 and is likely to be at Guitar Center.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M50-88 uses the RH3 action too, and is even more likely to be there.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re keybed: Dan explained somewhere that this RH3 is very similar but not exactly the same as in SV-1 for example. Kronos has a bit different feel and aftertouch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: