Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer > unwanted samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spearbearer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Sequencer > unwanted samples Reply with quote

Hello -

Question

I have some pattern sequences in one of my banks which I have built up so far without any problems, but now any new sample that I add to the bank (either a fresh sample or one loaded from another bank) is being triggered by the pattern sequencer on top of the existing sequence, even though I haven't recorded it into the sequence. Furthermore, I can't deactivate the rogue sample by using the corresponding key when the sequence is playing - the sample just keeps on triggering regardless. The only way I have been able to stop this so far is to delete the sample from the bank. This cannot be right!

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you...
spearbearer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Update on question Reply with quote

Actually, I have just realised that the pattern sequencer is not just triggering new samples. It's actually triggering the sample corresponding to whatever key is lit via the sample select dial when the keyboard button is pressed. Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but it has only just started to do this. Help still required!

Evil or Very Mad
wojtysz

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, this is one of the things I also encountered.

It might mean that the key you sampled into was used before in the sequence. So when you sample another sound into that key, the sequence automatically uses new sample in the same times it was using the old one.
Assuming you remember which samples you used and are not trying to save on any of them here's a longer story:
If you use a key corresponding to previously set "keyboard sample" in your pattern (you use it = it is saved as a part of the pattern) - each time you enter keyboard mode while playing the pattern and change the sample with sample select wheel it allows you to play with the chosen sample but also changes every sequence written with its key it in the pattern. So you get noise and cannot play a keyboard when you used a "keyboard sample" before in the pattern.
I think that's the problem because it was annoying to me too. It still is actually but I'm trying to think if it is important and if anything can be done about it Smile
For me what causes the difficulty is probably choosing a keyboard sample in the pattern preparing process with its number and then turning the wheel seeing the names of the samples along with a red light above the key. Maybe I need to be more focused when preparing a pattern - you need to remember what is where and when it was used. You also have to know what you'd like to do before you start the pattern which is not so easy in the beginning and spoils a little fun when improvising = learning Smile

Hope it will be useful Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: