Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK release of Kronos - I've just had an update......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been e-mailing and phoning around - most people are prepared to undercut the £2,599 for a K61 (I have cash waiting - just need a deal that is much better than the Bonners one - even with the free monitors).

Now if they were to offer Sonar X1 (producer - been convinced by others that I should consider it) then, hmmm... Or maybe a decent mixer....
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, the BIG thing with the Bonners one is that the £2599 is the WORST the price will be.

They've guaranteed that if the price is lower, this will be passed onto the customer.

I called DV, PMT and Andertons - NO prices were forthcoming, and they couldn't see how Bonners were doing it.

The monitors are an added bonus (even if I end up flogging them).... IMHO, the Bonners deal (even with the added reassurance of a refundable deposit) seemed very good.

No doubt there will be other deals too
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:

£2000 will be offered for a KORG OASYS88 if anyone is interested. That means the KRONOS listed at £3,299 from Bonners will command £1,299 Plus the OASYS88. Whether anyone thinks the KRONOS is worth £1,299 more than the OASYS is up to the individual....

Tony

Not that I am about to trade in my O for a K,but would imagine they are offering this price on an Oasys that perhaps has all the optional Engines in full mode?if not what would they offer for a 76 note without those..

its not just a case of Getting the Kronos for £1299 but what about the capital your losing on what you paid for the Oasys in the first place for the trade your actually losing a further 3 grand anyway(i know your never going to get full face value for an Oasys,but look on the initial cost you paid,so in theory those extra cons the Kronos has are costing you much more than £1299 and when you offset it against the £2599 you'd pay for an Outright Kronos sale then that makes an Oasys £1100 trade in on the £3299

I just don't see why anyone would want to part ex an Oasys for a Kronos even with a few additional OS upgrades that the Kronos has,I just don't understand the reasoning behind a trade other than to save some money getting the extra technology!

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Sat May 21, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
its not just a case of Getting the Kronos for £1299 but what about the capital your losing on what you paid for the Oasys in the first place for the trade your actually losing a further 3 grand anyway,so in theory those extra cons,are costing you much more than £1299

Which raises the question in my mind - what will they do with the part-ex Os? Sell them? Doubt it! £2,000 less some kind of retail right-off then plus a profit margin on top, you're probably looking at a resale of what, £2,200 - when you can get a Kronos for £500 more?

Or maybe there's a scheme to take used Os out of circulation? Thus pushing up the market for the Kronos.

Can't decide which is more likely!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, how many Oasys are we talking here?

It's definitely a strange offer - unless it hasn't been thought out properly..... Laughing

Not that I'm overly bothered now - Bonners have my deposit Wink
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see that many Oasys owners would be willing to trade in against a Kronos,the only thing I envy on the Kronos is the smooth transition of the sounds and the setlist mode...is that worthy of a trade in,not for me!everything else well I can kind of live without the extra Engines and bit rates of the Recorder section.

There may be a handful of Oasys owners who would perhaps consider a Kronos alongside the Oasys,Kind of feel thats a little Overkill IMO or perhaps consider one for live applications rather than take out an Oasys.

I just think with what is already there inside the O,you'd be crazy to trade in an Oasys for a Kronos even more so if you bought from new,which most owners myself included have,and then there are those Oasys onwers who are going to say sod Korg,they are not going to get another penny out of me

It seems the Kronos appeals more to those who couldn't afford or wouldn't pay the full cost of an Oasys,more than it does to have extra technology thats going to Overlap whats already in the existing Oasys

To me its like trading in a 5 year old ferrari for an Identical model ferrari just because it has new components in its gearbox and a fresh lick of paint and an extra cupholder are those upgrades worthy of the price tag and the capital outlay of a trade.,guess its up to the individual!!!

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
I just think with what is already there inside the O, you'd be crazy to trade in an Oasys for a Kronos...

Totally agree there, K!

Kontrol49 wrote:
There may be a handful of Oasys owners who would perhaps consider a Kronos alongside the Oasys,Kind of feel thats a little Overkill IMO or perhaps consider one for live applications rather than take out an Oasys.

That's exactly my interest to be honest... I record live and there are times when I want two O sounds at the same time (particularly when I'm 'sketching'). I know I could use the Seq for this, but that's just not the way I play! So, yes - I would seriously consider a K-61 sitting above my O.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
To me its like trading in a 5 year old ferrari for an Identical model ferrari just because it has new components in its gearbox and a fresh lick of paint and an extra cupholder are those upgrades worthy of the price tag and the capital outlay of a trade.,guess its up to the individual!!!

To me, it's like trading in for a new Ferrari with two more cylinders. Although it's a bit hard to picture a nine cylinder Ferrari. Razz

Then again, I don't have an Oasys, and if I did, I'd probably consider the Jupiter-80 as a better companion than a Kronos. Then again again, I'm not a piano player... now I'm confused...
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg should put a car on the market, a lot of people here would buy it ! Razz

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: