Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more UK pricing ..... this time NOT GOOD !!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down, calm down...

Jahrome (in Japan) got his Kronos 61 for 220,000 Yen the equivalent of $2784 USD (£1,740) - even if the UK price were 30% higher than that you should be paying around £2,250. The fantasy RRP of £2,999 is 72% more than the Japanese street price - you would have to be mad to pay that. The Bonners deal at £2,599 is step in the right direction but is still a 49% mark up (yes they will give you some monitors if you preorder now, but it is still probably a bit high). I still think there is still some margin here. Maybe I am wrong but DV have been keeping quiet on this - they are the market leaders - I associate Bonners with home organists so I would not normally consider buying from them.

Of course if Korg UK decide to stick with the £2,999 and not allow retailers to give us a decent street price - Then they will probably be handing out Korg straight jackets for the Kronos customers and P45s to their employees (since the sales will be awful). At £2,999 I am not buying, at £2,599 - I want a mixer and monitors, at £2,250 or there abouts cash is waiting.

One thing to remember the world has changed - we do not need to buy our Kroni in our country of residence - yes there is the warranty thing - but Korg dont really want the bad publicity/lower sales - or indeed a test case (can they prove that products sold in the US have a different specification to those destined for the EU - NO - the machines have a universal power supply - so it will run on 110 and 220-240V - what else have they changed - I would guess nothing).

If you dont like UK prices - Thomann will give you a good price - its just the case of shopping around and ignoring the misinformation coming from the EU marketing team (whoever they are) and some of these retailers.

I am really looking forward to buying a K61 and hope that sense reigns and we are not charged an arm and a leg for the pleasure (since then I will only be able to play lead sounds (or chords) and will keep falling over).
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Calm down, calm down...

Jahrome (in Japan) got his Kronos 61 for 220,000 Yen the equivalent of $2784 USD (£1,740) - even if the UK price were 30% higher than that you should be paying around £2,250. The fantasy RRP of £2,999 is 72% more than the Japanese street price - you would have to be mad to pay that. The Bonners deal at £2,599 is step in the right direction but is still a 49% mark up (yes they will give you some monitors if you preorder now, but it is still probably a bit high). I still think there is still some margin here. Maybe I am wrong but DV have been keeping quiet on this - they are the market leaders - I associate Bonners with home organists so I would not normally consider buying from them.

Of course if Korg UK decide to stick with the £2,999 and not allow retailers to give us a decent street price - Then they will probably be handing out Korg straight jackets for the Kronos customers and P45s to their employees (since the sales will be awful). At £2,999 I am not buying, at £2,599 - I want a mixer and monitors, at £2,250 or there abouts cash is waiting.

One thing to remember the world has changed - we do not need to buy our Kroni in our country of residence - yes there is the warranty thing - but Korg dont really want the bad publicity/lower sales - or indeed a test case (can they prove that products sold in the US have a different specification to those destined for the EU - NO - the machines have a universal power supply - so it will run on 110 and 220-240V - what else have they changed - I would guess nothing).

If you dont like UK prices - Thomann will give you a good price - its just the case of shopping around and ignoring the misinformation coming from the EU marketing team (whoever they are) and some of these retailers.

I am really looking forward to buying a K61 and hope that sense reigns and we are not charged an arm and a leg for the pleasure (since then I will only be able to play lead sounds (or chords) and will keep falling over).

Amen!
And I expect a 20% discount for the crappy data wheel! Wink
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Bonners thing being an issue (I wouldn't - I've ordered with them!)

I've got a guaranteed price ceiling: I've got a guaranteed price reduction, should Kronos be cheaper.

The only risk (calculated) is that the Bonners REAL price is X-more than the competition - hopefully the "free" monitors should offset that.

IF the worst comes to the worst, I'll get my deposit back - I'm no worse off Smile

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
I don't see the Bonners thing being an issue (I wouldn't - I've ordered with them!)

I've got a guaranteed price ceiling: I've got a guaranteed price reduction, should Kronos be cheaper.

The only risk (calculated) is that the Bonners REAL price is X-more than the competition - hopefully the "free" monitors should offset that.

IF the worst comes to the worst, I'll get my deposit back - I'm no worse off Smile

Dan

Yes, that is exactly as I see it.
keyplayer14

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
ScoobyDoo555 wrote:

Dan

Yes, that is exactly as I see it.

Me too! )
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up for the A&C Hamilton Kronos mailing list:

http://www.instruments2go.co.uk/EMail/lists/?p=subscribe&id=9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: