Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos add ons (Expansions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue the Latin hour:

Parva leves capiunt animos. (Ovid)
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll bite

vir sapit qui pauca loquitur
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igitur I won't add anything...
robinkle

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About expansions in general. any computer like kronos, could get it's expansion on the software side. If Korg wanted to, they could make a Super KorgBoy computer game on the Kronos. I see no limits.

With all these engines, you would think you got everything you need within music. And I think it is pretty close. It would be pointless to add another VA engine or Sample based engine (didn't say rompler). MOD-7 does the FM. Piano's, Organ's, EP's got their own engines! and not to mention STR-1 to do physical modelling at a very high level. Only thing I miss within Kronos is an VA Drum synth, similar to Simmons (80s). But hopefully partially covered within HD-1.

I won't forget Karma, which I still don't understand 100% yet, it sounds and looks awesome, and if I'm not mistaken, Karma is a 3rd party software made for Kronos. Even the thought of using 3rd party developers, can be a start of a new era for future instruments.

My impression about Korg, is much better now then ever before. I've never owned a Korg Instrument. I've only tested a MS2000B at my friends studio and a SV1 to check out the keys. Kronos will be my first Korg instrument.

Korg really push the limits of today's standards by thinking two steps ahead of the competition. Just hoping they will push the prices in a positive direction too. Still no Prices in Norway.

Cheers! Very Happy
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual another thread has deteriorated courtesy of a few. I find it ridiculous that an error in the manual has created a thread like this.

Being a software developer I have worked on quite a few reference guides for some very complex systems. The Kronos Parameter Guide is small by comparison to some. Code has bugs and so does documentation so everyone should relax.

Documentation is constructed and re-used just like the software components so of course the Kronos documentation is going to have a few rogue OASYS references. It is OASYS V2 after all. Many of the engines are the same so no one is going to rewrite and proof read a document to death when it is unnecessary.

The Kronos Operation and Parameter Guides are some of the best reference material I’ve seen for any synthesizer. I’m sure Korg will correct any inaccuracies that are reported to them.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozy said:
Quote:
I am busy ....

Just my personal impression - it seems to me that posting in these forums is keeping you very busy indeed.

jg::
Starlin

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go back to the original topic - addons (and sorry if this has been answered...or if this is a REALLY stupid question...)

I have the M3-61 with the 2 boards (Radias and the other one). I have the opportunity to sell the M3 (w/o the boards) and wanted to know if those boards would fit/work/whatever in the Kronos?

I understand it's a different architecture, and again this is a really noobish question... Smile

Thanks in advance
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starlin wrote:
To go back to the original topic - addons (and sorry if this has been answered...or if this is a REALLY stupid question...)

I have the M3-61 with the 2 boards (Radias and the other one). I have the opportunity to sell the M3 (w/o the boards) and wanted to know if those boards would fit/work/whatever in the Kronos?

I understand it's a different architecture, and again this is a really noobish question... Smile

Thanks in advance

No
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:
"There’s a vertical column of LEDs next to each slider, and a ring of LEDs around each knob."

you mean that they didn't even spend a dime on PROOFREADING [let alone REWRITING] the manual?

And that I printed then Kronos' manual when I might have used the Oasys'?

Uhm...

El Cheapo.

This is the point where usually SteveK or some other corporate apologist steps in and patronizes everybody explaining that it's perfectly rational, and that we just don't get the point.

^ ^ ^
the forum clown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: