Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard Stands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phabius wrote:
Live, I would go with this:

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/AX-90R

Looks very futuristic! But I'm guessing it doesn't have much in the way of options for mic stand/music holder, etc.

Aren't these stands mostly for standing players?
Randy
JimH

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Well, I can tell you one NOT to get Evil or Very Mad

At home I have an old Quiklok stand similar to this but without the third tier. I guess I got it back in the 90's. It's really bad because there's no way I can set it so that the second tier is level and not crooked. The arms use adjustments with interlocking teeth that only can be set at discrete points, which don't match each other. Hopefully the newer Quiklok stands like what McHale posted don't suffer from this. (Though I think that Z stand only goes up to 33 inches; not sure if that's quite high enough for standing.)
dustymaestro wrote:
I like Konig Meyer.

Do you have the Spider Pro stand? I've been interested in this one. But I read some people say it seems to be designed for people 6'5” tall (Amazon, SameDay, Harmony). I'm not sure what makes them say this; according to the specs the height is 4' 3.5” (1310mm) which doesn't seem THAT tall to me. Does that not count the legs or something? I'm 5'8” and would want to use it for playing standing up, but wouldn't want the column sticking up too high. Hard to tell from pictures. I'm interested in this since it looks like it would pack up quicker and also a better shape for easier packing in a car. (People complain it's heavy, yet apparently it's lighter than the Quiklok Z-726L or M92)
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The height of the spider pro doesn't matter. It's 100% adjustable. Unless you would hate having the column rise out above the keyboards I see no problem.
blackdogmusic

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Twister Stand! http://www.twisterstand.com/home.cfm

Past Gear: Roland RD-700GXF, Korg M3 61, Yamaha CP-33, Motion Sound KT-80 Keyboard Amplifier
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stand - not entirely convinced by it, but interesting nevertheless Cool
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackdogmusic wrote:
Looks really cool. Can you upload a photo once you have got your new Kronos 88 and have put it onto the twister stand?
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthesizedclapping wrote:
The height of the spider pro doesn't matter. It's 100% adjustable. Unless you would hate having the column rise out above the keyboards I see no problem.

thats 100% correct. I had the Pro and its 100% flexible. Folds up nicely.

I use this table top stand for heavy 88 keyboards:

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=4056&Category=Keyboard_Accessories

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Quik-Lok-Heavy-Duty-Height-Adjustable-Mixer---Speaker-Stand-710038-i1432665.gc

I am not sure why GC calls them mixer/speaker stands.

This quik lock model has been a favorite for us folks with stage pianos.
its model w 550
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I use this table top stand for heavy 88 keyboards:

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=4056&Category=Keyboard_Accessories

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Quik-Lok-Heavy-Duty-Height-Adjustable-Mixer---Speaker-Stand-710038-i1432665.gc

I am not sure why GC calls them mixer/speaker stands.

This quik lock model has been a favorite for us folks with stage pianos.
its model w 550

I use the same for my OASYS 88. I would say it's the best choice so far. Strong, adjustable, portable, not expensive.
(I also used it for my Kronos demo.)
JimH

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

I know it's continuously adjustable. My question was about why so many people are saying it's too tall.
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:

GregC wrote:

I know it's continuously adjustable. My question was about why so many people are saying it's too tall.

No idea, napoleon complex maybe? Razz
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:

GregC wrote:

maybe they are unable(or don't understand) to turn that dial that controls the height of the adjustable arms.

if you owned one, you would see there is no issue
blackdogmusic

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orpheus2006 wrote:
blackdogmusic wrote:
Looks really cool. Can you upload a photo once you have got your new Kronos 88 and have put it onto the twister stand?

If you go to this link you can see the pic of my Roland/Moog. It's the first one. The Roland is about 20lbs heavier than the Kronos so I know it will work, and look exactly the same. I have since adjusted the Moog so it sits closer to the keyboard without quite the gap.

http://www.twisterstand.com/twisterusers.cfm

Regards

Past Gear: Roland RD-700GXF, Korg M3 61, Yamaha CP-33, Motion Sound KT-80 Keyboard Amplifier
oopfoo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to muddy the water, but I've used quite a few stands in the past few years, including many of the ones mentioned.

My current favorites for studio or home use are:
1. Roland KS-G8 (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KSG8) This is an attractive and extremely solid keyboard stand. It's my favorite design of the lot; it even has storage for the extra parts! I have a 55 pound CP5 on mine right now and a DSI PolyEvolver on the upper tier, available separately. While not the worst stand to assemble, it's not as easy to carry as an Apex. It does fold flat, but it's a little unwieldy. Adjustments are not difficult, but you won't be making them on the fly either, as you must add short bits to the front rods when going higher (bits included). The additional upper tier is less sturdy than the bottom by far, but its great for most any current analog or digital synth keyboard. This is my everyday stand, sitting right in my studio, and my favorite on price and stability.
2. Solidstand Freedom (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Solidstand-Freedom-Breakdown-Keyboard-Stand-452011-i1175899.gc) this thing is an expensive monster, but I would feel comfortable standing on it. Super sturdy and it adjusts on the fly with a pedal-actuated lift. The upper tier and accessories are crazily overpriced, but if you move around a lot, the adjustability features make this thing worth it. And it's not going to fall over, no matter what. Mine isn't currently in use since it gets in the way in my studio...the legs just stick out too far.

A warning about some of the others:
If you get a big A frame rack, be sure to mount it to the wall as it will dump you at some point otherwise. While the Apex is cool looking, it is top heavy with keys on it. You can dump one onstage.

Anyway, have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: