Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the single semitone limitation on user scales?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
permofryed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Why the single semitone limitation on user scales? Reply with quote

Am I missing something here?

Being able to select a scale or a mode and have all incoming notes routed through it seems to be a basic function by all DAWs and many workstations. Why does KORG still use code written in the 90s for this purpose?

You have an implementation of KARMA2 that can simultaneously do your laundry, file your taxes, check your kid's homework, and tweak every available parameter in 20 million ways, but you can't include a simple MIDI note scale effect that allows you to play through all of that common modes and scales?

Please tell me I am blind and just need to RTFM? Seriously, I have got to be missing the feature somehow. I am sure there is a simple solution and I am just tired, cranky and blind. Can someone please show me how simple this is and where I am missing it?

Thank you in advance.
Live Suite 8 w/M4L / Logic Studio / iMac i7 Quad Core 8G RAM / MBP 2.4 4G RAM / Korg KRONOS-61 / APC40 / MPD18 / BCR2000 /nano Kontrol&Key / Roland Juno 106 / Moog Minitaur / TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48/ other random gear, guitars, drums and software

www.neilbufkin.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OboKeyDrum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is possible. Look at pages 768 and 769 of the parameter guide. It's done in global mode in controllers/scales.
permofryed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OboKeyDrum,

Unfortunately, pages 768 & 769only confirm the limitation I described earlier.

It is really not that big of a deal. I just get frustrated sometimes about basic things. To me it is basic enough of a feature that it should be included. But such a little thing is not going monopolize my attention away from all of the big things in the KRONOS.

KARMA has the NOTE MAP feature, which would get the job done brilliantly. I just have not yet figured out how to create a GE that does absolutely nothing but route the incoming notes to the Note Map. If someone knows how, please let me know.
Live Suite 8 w/M4L / Logic Studio / iMac i7 Quad Core 8G RAM / MBP 2.4 4G RAM / Korg KRONOS-61 / APC40 / MPD18 / BCR2000 /nano Kontrol&Key / Roland Juno 106 / Moog Minitaur / TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48/ other random gear, guitars, drums and software

www.neilbufkin.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only comment from OASYS function but you can 'Copy Scale' to a user scale in Global mode.

The options are: Pure Major, Pure Minor, Arabic, Pythagoras, Werkmeister, Kirnberger, Slendro and Pelog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: