Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA-800 to PA3X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fccsf

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: PA-800 to PA3X Reply with quote

I wonder how I can put everything I have in PA-800 for PA3X. My songbooks, etc ... so I can do everything like it did in PA-800 without changing anything PA3X
Please e very urgent because I have to do this until friday...
Thanks
MACG

Location: South West Scotland PA3X:SV1:Roland Atelier AT900c:Roland BK7M

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately,the new song book is completely different,all the styles etc. are in different locations to the PA2X.I spoke to John Pacey,Korg main demonstrator at Blackpool on 19th May and he confirmed that the styles etc. will have to be reorganised.I have over 500 syles in my PA2X which will have to be reorganised.It is a fantastic keyboard (when you hear it demonstrated by a professional!).He advises saving everything on to a USB stick and working from that.I have been promised delivery of my PA3X at end of May.As Tramonni nsaid in a previous post "YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED".

James.
fccsf

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the the PA3x already. It's amazing...
But how can I put my list of PA-800 songbook in my PA3x without cleaning what I've got.
Because there must be a solution. Is natural have already songbooks list made ​​in previous keyboards want to add keyboard purchased.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: need a second job by a PA keybaord Reply with quote

if korg would keep a set of standards rom styles in there keyboard and then have user , you could do the change faster ..
first the pa80 , and you had to fix the styles you needed to use then in the pax1 and song book , and now make a song book , that good it work great , now buy the pa800 and now make a new song book again ,,, and now the pa3x and again make a new song book again , and it will go on and on pa4x with built in speaker ( they will go back to built in speaker because the add on speaker for the pa3x is great sound but cost is to much, I could buy a small stereo system for $500.00
and when the keyboard brake , i can listen music waiting for my keyboard to come back ,,)
with my pa80 and no song book I used the preformance for each song , so i had 320 song ,and used the ram or user place ,, so when it can time to mover to the pa800 ... all i had to do was load the styles and i was just about done ,, yes it is a waste of preformance .
so if korg gave us 128 rom styles that never change and 1000 user spot for all of the new up coming styles ,
or if Korg would just make a software program to cut and paste styles and songs ... why is it we can make the best keyboard with a great OS , but we are not smart enuff to make software . user. doing all this change over stuff , take time away from playing . its a second job with out pay ..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fccsf wrote:
But how can I put my list of PA-800 songbook in my PA3x without cleaning what I've got.

Hi fccsf

The issue with SONGBOOK upward compatibility is that SONGBOOK entries are purely pointers - there are no styles, sounds, performances etc actually stored in SONGBOOK. For example - let's suppose you create a SONGBOOK entry called "My Bossa" which loads up "Fast Bossa" style but later you actually overwrite the "Fast Bossa" style with "Slide Blues" style, then the next time you select the SONGBOOK entry "My Bossa" you will get Slide Blues style loaded.

So please understand that the new versions of the keyboards have different styles in different style-locations therefore SONGBOOK is not compatible. There is no way to convert a SONGBOOK from PA1 or PA2 to PA3 as everyone's style/sound setup (locations) is most likely entirely different. This is why the SONGBOOK editor was produced so you can more comfortably manage SONGBOOK entries.

There will be no quicker solution. If the SONGBOOK entries actually contained the styles, sounds etc then that would be different.

SONGBOOK entries are POINTERS ONLY.

Suggesting that Korg keep all those styles in a ROM area (duby2) would upset most owners - that would be a waste of keyboard resources for most owners. I don't want my keyboard cluttered with styles/sounds etc I do not like or use - I want that space for ME - currently we have that luxury Very Happy Also, it is not just styles that would have to be "locked" into ROM.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: