Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Temporary Keyboard Fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Need Temporary Keyboard Fix Reply with quote

Since my Kronos 88 won't be here to at least September, I must buy another keyboard this weekend. I have owned a Motif ES8 and Korg M388 in the past.

So, which should I buy as a temporary replacement:

Roland G8
Roloand X8
Yamaha Motif XS8
Korg M3

I am leaning towards the Motif.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motif xf8 Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick up M3's VERY cheap now and you'll be able to turn it around for very little loss. PLUS, if you have sounds you like on it, you can convert them to Kronos fairly easy.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an Motif XF6, along with a two tier stand, your Kronos 88 can be the bottom keyboard when it arrives. keeping a 61 key to go along with the 88 give more performance options. And I find the Motif Sound mixes real good with korg sounds, here again giving you more sound options.

While I am not really into weighted keys, Have multiple key beds to play simultaneously gives me more performance options. I always take at least two keyboards to perform with, even just for fun jamming with friends.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why a xf when a xs is much less and nearly the same. I know the xf has flash and has more sounds, but not sure its worth double the price.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not the xf over the xs.

Flash Memory, more rom waveforms, future ipad interface. Best of all you can read the screen.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Mystic38

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, in context..the OP is looking for possibly a temporary fix.. a new xf8 will lose at least $800, and a used XS8 will lose at least $0 if the OP ever decides its not for him

The extra waveforms in the XF wont be needed when the kronos appears..its pretty much just the S6 samples for the piano...and IMO the "full concert grand" is a decently playable patch. The flash wont be much of an issue either .. the word "temporary" spring back to mind. (if post was "xs or xf as only workstation the answer IS xf..but its not)

I think the G8 would give the best feeling keybed for piano of the bunch listed, but it all depends if the op decides to keep the temporary and cheap out on the K61..but the FG stock pianos are not great..(3rd party ones are available tho)
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not a new moX8, cheap as chips and has the entire Motif XS sound library !!!
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just bought a Motif XS8 in excellent condition on Ebay. This will hold me over until September when the Kronos 88's are available. Thanks for your input.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
I just bought a Motif XS8 in excellent condition on Ebay. This will hold me over until September when the Kronos 88's are available.

Lets hope for your Bank balance's safety they don't delay them any longer Mr. Green
rderderian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my M3 88 back in March when I ordered the Kronos, so I have been without a keyboard too long. I can not wait another 3-4 months so I had to buy something to play. In the end I might just keep the XS and get the Kronos too. I will wait to hear the reviews from everyone first to be sure the Kronos is as good as we think it is...and also wait and see if anything else comes out that could be better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: