Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos USB Audio or S/PDIF to Ensemble?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Kronos USB Audio or S/PDIF to Ensemble? Reply with quote

I was wondering about the USB audio from Kronos to computer, as opposed to Kronos S/PDIF Optical to my Ensemble. What would be better?

If using the USB, I can, as previously posted make an aggregate device and still use the Ensemble for vocal tracks.
But if there is an advantage to using S/PDIF, I'd rather go this route for vocal tracks and Kronos via Ensemble. All help appreciated, thanks.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos USB Audio or S/PDIF to Ensemble? Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
I was wondering about the USB audio from Kronos to computer, as opposed to Kronos S/PDIF Optical to my Ensemble. What would be better?

If using the USB, I can, as previously posted make an aggregate device and still use the Ensemble for vocal tracks.
But if there is an advantage to using S/PDIF, I'd rather go this route for vocal tracks and Kronos via Ensemble. All help appreciated, thanks.

Quote:
With the unbelievable sound of the Burr-Brown DAC's in KRONOS, I'd just use the USB into the computer and call it a day.

Thanks for the reply SIna, I know the Kronos DAC is good, but wether it's better than the Ensemble, I don't think so?
Quote:
If you want the audio from your KRONOS into your monitors, and be able to use it stand alone, I'd connect it to the monitors DIRECTLY.
But if you're using an SSL, Toft, TL Audio, or Allen & Heath, or if you're using any high-end stereo source equivalent of those mixers, use them.

This would be good, but then I cannot monitor anything else I have going on in my DAW.
No mixer, I do all my mixing in DAW..
JimH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos USB Audio or S/PDIF to Ensemble? Reply with quote

Lou wrote:

USB and S/PDIF are both digital and so should sound exactly the same. So I think the choice would then depend only on whether you can figure out a way to use the Kronos USB together with the Ensemble at the same time.

In my case, I'm on a PC and so cannot use both at the same time. If I want to connect digitally, I'm expecting to run S/PDIF into my audio interface.

Last edited by JimH on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: