Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do ye tweak lads and lasses?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Do ye tweak lads and lasses? Reply with quote

I read so much on many fora how musicians are disappointed with factory patches. I think this is due to the fact that patches become something personal and the process of rolling our own is just as much an art as composing a piece of music.

That being said, how many here really like to get into deep patch creation?

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Kevin and Mike will be along to throw in two bits sometime soon. Wink

You sound like you come from WAY across the Pond, perhaps eastern Europe, Middle East or Russia. I get the feeling that over there, keyboardists are more inclined to individualize their patches. Always a good thing. It seems we Americans are less inclined to do so, and buy sounds if we need picture perfect patches or want something fresh.

Some, like me, couldn't afford the latest and greatest starting out, and had to make do with an old analog of some kind. In my case, a PAiA modular kit and a CS-50, two pretty cheezy sounding synths. I had to work like crazy to get the sounds out of them I wanted, but they were great tutors in encouraging me to learn all about synthesis.

Because of that experience, when I finally did get a good proper synth, I was pretty well schooled in what they were all about, and spent months creating sounds on them. In the past few tears, I've been more into creating patches that fit certain music passages I'm composing, and have been doing more tweaking of patches already in the synths. When I do get the Kronos, I'm intending to get lost in programming six virtual instruments, and hope to get all kinds of inspired for a new project - which is the old project which has been languishing for a couple years now. Razz

I'm hoping to be able to follow through with doing a lot of sounds which have some acoustic, physical characteristics to them, as well as the outer space leads and pads.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do deep patch programming but not on korg workstation, i found the GUI for programming not friendly (at least for me) and bit counter-intuitive.

i prefer much more V-synth and my analogue stuff to do this.

for korg workstation i just do a little preset modification
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: