Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg CR4 Line-Out Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtimp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Korg CR4 Line-Out Trouble Reply with quote

First of all, I love the analog sound from the CR4, and I am simply trying to transfer that sound to a computer to put music on the internet and transfer to CDs. I went to the local radio shack and got a cable with one end RCA audio connectors (red and white) and the other end stereo 1/8" connector. The problem occurs when I plug the RCA end into the line output on the back of the CR4 and the 1/8" to the mic input on my laptop. The master volume of the CR4 shoots through the roof, peaking and making me nervous. This can't be good. I still tried to record, and obviously to no avail. Anyone know what the deal is? I have tried changing the settings on my soundcard to "line" instead of "mic" and still no dice. I could really use some help here. The only way that works is from the headphone output on the CR4 to the mic input on my laptop and the sound quality is horrendous. Please help if ya can.
jtimp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Problem averted Reply with quote

So I fixed the problem by purchasing a Presonus Inspire 1394, which has an RCA input and FireWire output, which is way better than the mic input on my laptop. Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue, the Inspire is pretty awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: