Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRUE OR FALSE?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sexykorgpa800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: TRUE OR FALSE? Reply with quote

Is it true that the Korg pa3x is capable of taking an MP3, or any songs, and removing the vocals behind the beat?

If not, when will a keyboard be produced to be capable of doing so? This way we can sing karoke of certain songs that do not have the instrumentals available as mp3. Very Happy
RichF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's true. The results will vary depending on the nature of the recording, but it can definitely remove vocals from MP3s. Smile
solomusiker2002

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Working Very Happy

Last edited by solomusiker2002 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had this facility nor would ever need it, but I read somewhere on this forum that the level of success in removing the vocals can depend on the position of the vocals in the stereo spectrum of the original recording. Try some different MP3s and see if the results change.

Out of interest, why does anyone need this? I realise that you can end up with an expensive "Korg Karaoke Player" keyboard but you would then be using genuine authentic original backings illegally (unless you pay license fees). This surely would equate to playing CDs at a function (like a DJ) - that does require performance licensing either from the performer or the proprietor of the venue. That's how it is here anyway. (just curious)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual success depends not so much on centre cancelling, but rather on how much the main vocals, and backing vocals are panned , and how the efx chains are used, ie panned left or right.

I am with Pete totally on this one, who the hell needs it when there are other more glaring things users would want...Using Guitar mode in sequencing and live is one!!

Having midi markers being able to be assigned to a panel button, or assignable switch is another...I am sure other users can come up with PLENTY of improvements other than a vocal cancel function for MP3's.

Dennis
sexykorgpa800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great feature to use, well for me, I'm a musician who enjoys music and music should be Free, you should be able to do express yourself freely Very Happy
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
Yes, it's true. The results will vary depending on the nature of the recording, but it can definitely remove vocals from MP3s. Smile

Hi Rich,
Do you know if this vocal remover is based on the traditional phase cancellation, or some new ground breaking techniques?

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexykorgpa800 wrote:
I'm a musician who enjoys music and music should be Free

There will be many thousands of musicians who disagree with the "free" comment, however maybe you meant:-
.....I'm a musician who enjoys music and musical instruments should be Free....

Wink

Pete
tommy1340millar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
sexykorgpa800 wrote:
I'm a musician who enjoys music and music should be Free

There will be many thousands of musicians who disagree with the "free" comment, however maybe you meant:-
.....I'm a musician who enjoys music and musical instruments should be Free....

Wink

Pete

lol, +1
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I realise that you can end up with an expensive "Korg Karaoke Player" keyboard ...

Pete Very Happy

They should've made a "Vocalist package" that was optional for people to buy. Including all the TC and Vocal remover stuff.... .

sexykorgpa800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

I meant that in general, music is free expression. When creating music, or playing it, we should express ourselves freely.

I agree, many musicians wouldn't want their original tracks into instrumentals. That's not what I said.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexykorgpa800 wrote:
I agree, many musicians wouldn't want their original tracks into instrumentals.

... I was purely thinking from a copyright point of view. I don't think that musicians would care if their product was used as long as it was paid for or legally obtained... if you take a pre-recorded track from an original recording and use voice removal so you can perform the song, then you are breaching copyright. This is why Karaoke backings cost money.....

That's the point I was making.....

Just out of interest.....
The issue of copyright in all the various forms of music is very confusing. For example, I didn't realise that you CANNOT use any music owned by Disney Corp without their formal consent no matter how you pay royalties - fines are huge - there are other companies too. So, for example, if a school puts on a Disney performance/play without permission they can be heavily fined. Even APRA (AUSTRALASIAN PERFORMING RIGHT ASSOCIATION) here in Australia have a disclaimer reference to Disney (and others).

Pete Very Happy
Farah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of free Karaoke out there.. and they are free. Maybe sequence midi files be a better choice.
centauramp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: The arrgument is Live play, Karaoke or the new MP3+G Reply with quote

AS far as the vocal remover I have never seen one really work good. Most dip the mids so strongly it sounds very empty. A national tech show Leo Laporte said one time that certain music files that were produced with the vocals on the center channel, if you were playing them on a system that gave you control over these separate channels you could turn off the center channels and removed the vocals totally.
I believe that this would be illegal for live performance whether your paid or not. If your sitting at home entertaining yourself or using it to practice your vocal on a new song, have fun.
NOW as far as who needs it, probably nobody. However from a marketing standpoint, it probably was a good move, but this keyboard is far to professional to have it. A lower cost consumer keyboard like the PA500 or even a cheaper one if they make it, would be a + for home user market.
The cost for putting this feature on the PA3X Pro is the cost of a switch, the software is probably very small.
NOW would I use it, probably not. My wife sings Karaoke and has thousands of songs (yes there paid for) I like to play along with some off them where the arrangement are a little on the empty side. However many of these paid for CD+G disc are of a very high sound quality, with backing vocals and the whole band. These disc for one thing a fully mastered and have good compression on them. I would not even try to reproduce these songs on my PA1XPro. The PA3X Pro might be a different story at least I'm hoping so with the higher quality sounds and the added effects and the improved TC Helicon, and the mastering suite.
Just a last note on copyrights? Karmathanever is right. Here in the USA not only establishments providing live entertainment ( Live bands or Karaoke) are subject to yearly fee's to cover the copyright payments. And they do check with not only the establishments compliance with this they are also checking the Karaoke providers for original CD's and not copies. Buy the way the PA3X Pro for the MP3+G is using the ".cdg" tag to associate it with the MP3 file, this will give you scrolling tracking lyrics. As with the older PA1&2 X Pro with the MP3 feature it only excepts the ".txt" tag and will not scroll. You can take any Karaoke disc and use AudioGrabber to rip any Karaoke disc it will give you 2 files 1 MP3 (music) and 1 .cdg (lyrics) Have Fun. Playing music should be fun. Bob
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: all of us are bad Reply with quote

yes They should've made a "Vocalist package" ,,, just like the pax1 , and korg said , no one use it much and it was to hard to work with ,,, ok ,, maybe korg is right , so they took it off the pa800 and pa2x .. and gave a little vocal pack just 3 voice , because it was to harde to work with and now we are smarter , two years later,now, they came back with a 4 voice and more stuff in it . I for one like the Korg Karaoke Player,,, if you can fine the style to fit the song and can not fine the midi tracks for the song , then use the cd and take out the voice ,, oh copyrights laws Sad

now for the copyrights laws ...
we all break the law .. do you pay yearly fee's to cover the copyright . i do not ,,
I know you all sing Happy Birthday , when your on the jobs ..
did you pay up for happy Birthday songs ..
karmathanever you are good man but you sound like a lawer ...
and I know I could use a good lawer ...
again ... My Opinion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: