Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDR audio files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: HDR audio files Reply with quote

Question. What happens to HDR audio files on KRONOS if you do not save a song in KRONOS? Is it deleted automatically or do I need to do some maintenance of some kind to keep my drive clear? Is the audio recorded into some kind of buffer first? Just don't want to clutter my KRONOS drive w test takes and experiments. Thanks!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My (limited) understanding was that Kronos' drive can be "seen" on a desktop.... surely it's just a case of navigating to the correct folder/trashing the contents.....

My thoughts are that anything "important" is hidden.... as per ipod etc.....

Probably wrong though Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine Kronos handles the HDR section in a similar fashion to Oasys so Your normally best to save the files first,best to make a folder for the Audio as it can get messy if you don't stick to a rigid folder matrix.I've always kept a seperate section of the drive for Audio/Sample data and then another folder for each of those projects using audio so all audio is in one section then alphabetically according to project.

in the respects of importing the audio files into Oasys you have to copy them to the Hard drive first before you can import them and use them(but with Kronos you may have an option to import/Export via USB??like a second drive on your PC)using drag and drop methods Sure someone can clarify this a much better way of handling Audio importing.

With the Audio on Oasys if you record any audio and switch the unit off before saving,you essentially lose the files,but on the few occasions I have used the Audio side and not saved them upon reboot the Oasys prompts that I have Audio files unsaved would I like to delete them or save them so they must be kept in some temporary Buffer on the drive irrespective of saving.

so maybe Kronos might be the same?I would have thought kronos may stream the audio from the Drive rather than the need to import given the Drive used on Kronos.

Always best to save valuable audio files as a precaution anyway
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. My situation is that I do NOT want to save some audio files. But then I don't want those files cluttering up my drive. I did turn off my KRONOS after making a few recordings without first saving the song. Now on reboot I don't see any files on my hdd. Ok cool. But where did those recordings go? It's easy to understand w sampling since it's recorded into volital RAM. But w hdd recording I would think a file is created even if u don't save the song. Unless there is some sort of temporary recording buffer?
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
IYour normally best to save the files first,best to make a folder for the Audio as it can get messy if you don't stick to a rigid folder matrix.I've always kept a seperate section of the drive for Audio/Sample data and then another folder for each of those projects using audio so all audio is in one section then alphabetically according to project.

Not sure I follow this thought either....

I would assume that when you record using the HDR, KRONOS automatically handles the file placement, and saves it with the song (assuming you save the song). How would I create a folder/directory and cause KRONOS to use it as the AUDIO file depository for a song? Is there a setting to "choose audio file path" or something like that?

I have searched a bunch for info on audio recording and am coming up a bit short on details.

Thanks!

Ron
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, the next time I turned on my KRONOS, it asked me whether I wanted to restore or delete the "unsaved" audio files from my previous session. So I guess KRONOS is self aware in its file management of audio files, and no user maintenance is needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: