Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What audio driver for Cakewalk SonarX1 and Kronos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: What audio driver for Cakewalk SonarX1 and Kronos? Reply with quote

I'm not seeing more than 1 audio channel as an output or is that by default a stereo channel.

I can record into Sonar as stereo but can't hear back through the Kronos.

Should Asio4all work or WDM or what?

Not sure I'm using a USB 2 port though I thought it was. Will try to check that.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched to Ableton Live and that program works using the MME/DirectX driver.

Records fine into Live and shows playback looking normal (to Kronos Headphone Out) but I can't hear anything through headphones or speaker.

What's the setup on the Kronos to hear playback from usb / PC?
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you need to set the Global Basis Audio Bus Select (IFX/Indiv) USB 1 to L/R

Also USB2 to L/R

Then when recording in LIve (or any other DAW software) turn the output volume down.

OK, now I can hear playing back from the PC but its broken up a little. Perhaps I recorded loopback audio from the Kronos accidentally. I left the Live outs active. Must re check that.

Or some adjustments to the audio driver settings in Live.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're having a conversation with yourself, but I'm keeping an eye on your findings. Smile

I have Sonar X1 and would like to hook my Kronos to my laptop via USB and test the audio capabilities.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
It seems you need to set the Global Basis Audio Bus Select (IFX/Indiv) USB 1 to L/R

Also USB2 to L/R

Then when recording in LIve (or any other DAW software) turn the output volume down.

OK, now I can hear playing back from the PC but its broken up a little. Perhaps I recorded loopback audio from the Kronos accidentally. I left the Live outs active. Must re check that.

Or some adjustments to the audio driver settings in Live.

I changed the Live Input audio driver to Line (Kronos) DX

That worked. Nice smooth recording.

At last.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
It looks like you're having a conversation with yourself, but I'm keeping an eye on your findings. Smile

I have Sonar X1 and would like to hook my Kronos to my laptop via USB and test the audio capabilities.

I use Sonar X1 too.

Should work with the DX Kronos audio option in Sonar.

I think Korg should have made this clear and obvious. I'm used to using Asio and at first assumed the Kronos would use that as well.

Can you keep posting your experience with Sonar.? It would be nice to have some feedback.

I'll try sonar myself shortly. First some time enjoying the Kronos. What a great device it is.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:

Sonar does not seem to have any DX option for audio

I tried the Wasapi option and it crashed.

Only the MME audio works. I assume that's the same as DX?

You have to disable the audio thru on the audio track within Cakewalk when recording or else you create a feedback loop.

And perhaps lower the tracks output to zero?
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
BillW wrote:

You have to disable the audio thru on the audio track within Cakewalk when recording or else you create a feedback loop.

Sonar and the Kronos should use ASIO...not sure what's going on there and it could be a while before I get around to testing this out. I'm not sure what you mean by DX...perhaps DirectX? That is no longer supported by SONAR and it shouldn't be necessary. MME, which is not the same as DirectX, is crap for this kind of application so you shouldn't be using that either as far as I know.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
Ksynth wrote:
BillW wrote:

Sonar and the Kronos should use ASIO...not sure what's going on there and it could be a while before I get around to testing this out. I'm not sure what you mean by DX...perhaps DirectX? That is no longer supported by SONAR and it shouldn't be necessary. MME, which is not the same as DirectX, is crap for this kind of application so you shouldn't be using that either as far as I know.

It works with MME in Sonar X1.

In Live MME and DX are lumped together in the Audio options. They seem to use exactly the same wave profiling checks in Sonar.

I also found (as others have) that just letting Windows 7 load the default drivers works fine with Kronos. No need for the Korg drivers. I now have Kronos running on two similar Windows 7 PCs - at different times of course. One is 32 bit and the other is 64.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: