Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolf-Ray - Fab Filter Phase - June '11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Wolf-Ray - Fab Filter Phase - June '11 Reply with quote

This song is made from just one synthesizer. So the kick and snare and everything else are from the same engine. I've been downloading a lot of trials lately and wanted to get the most out of my limited time.

Its the FabFilter Twin 2 from FabFilter.com
They make a lot of different VST's; not just synths. Their limiter "Pro-L" is also super nice.

http://soundcloud.com/wolf-ray/fab-filter-phase
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you have here. Strong sounds that fit nicely together. I would like it a bit longer and some variation in the kick. I was expecting some four on the floor at some point where you expect the dancefloor to let loose and start spinning. Good sound here though and you do have a nice balance of bass and high end.
album cover
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting demo with bits of 'Toccata' here and there. It has a nice sound so try to make a full song out of it, with a groovy drum and base line.
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rhythm. I like how the kick comes in at an unexpected time. I have a song of my own that starts out similar to that idea. And it is a really nice melody you got going there. I think you could easily keep the song going a bit further if you just had a few sections transposed down a half step, creating a moody and maybe a bit creepy atmosphere.

Good job.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2loose
I could have spiced it up a bit more but I've been focused on quantity over quality lately. Trying to hone a kind of methodology to help get creative ideas out faster rather than stick to a piece and potentially get frustrated by trying to make it "perfect". I'll definitely throw down a kick build for you in next months submission.

@Sewa
You're ears serve you well, its the Fugue in C. When it comes to bass I'm pretty bad and usually just make simple root note strums. Were you suggesting a kind of Dn'B breakdown in this piece?

@PumkinKing
Do you have that song posted up somewhere? I'd like to hear it. For this one I had sequenced the notes and was having fun transposing the melody. Never threw a transpose into the final product for whatever reason. A lot more could have been done to this, including a proper master.
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's one of the many unfinished songs in my keyboard. Maybe I'll finish it some day, though I doubt it, haha. There are just too many other songs in the way of it.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again

Enjoyed it bu t would love a change in the middle a different "touch" figure maybe on the fifth ...? and then back to tonic .. Just my take ..

Its great over all but short. ..., but fine as well as it is , if you never intend it as a song ., but more a demo of an idea!!!

Good Sounds !!!!

Regards John Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: