Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best place to Buy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kron wrote:
panrixx wrote:
kron wrote:
Novamusik.com - you can call and check price etc. Shipping charges will be around $175, add 3.2% Duty and 20% VAT on the keyboard price you will end up negotiating

I may be wrong but I thought import duty on musical instruments was 5%. Also, this and the subsequent 20% Vat is applied to BOTH the keyboard price AND the shipping charge. Courier fees, for handling the import, are around £15. Also, factor in the cost of the currency exchange.

Do not forget that UK dealers will negotiate a better deal than thier advertised price to get your custom.

It is 3.2%, confirmed as I have paid today. UPS and FedEx won't include shipping charges into the base price. I have done imports several times and from my experience I can say that. UPS charged me £11 handling fees instead.
I stand corrected on the import rate and I accept the import fee from the courier, as my £15 was based on £10 - £15, depending on the courier.

However, I'm not sure I can agree on the rest. I have imported a number of guitars from both the USA and Canada. The import duty and Vat has always been calculated on both the instrument price and the shipping cost. If you did'nt then good luck to you but I do not think this should be assummed..
kron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right.. I've been lucky
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kron what was your shipping time and final price including all taxes etc ...
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kron wrote:
Novamusik.com - you can call and check price etc. Shipping charges will be around $175, add 3.2% Duty and 20% VAT on the keyboard price you will end up negotiating

You don't have to worry about customs clearance etc, UPS will do it for you and you just need to pay UPS when they deliver

So - 1. a phone call to order 2. wait for delivery and 3. pay taxes on delivery - very simple and straight forward my friend... Smile

Kron,

I do not want to labour this point too much so I'll 'probably' stop after this.

I just did some calculations based on a K88 from Nova with the £200 discount and your $175 shipping plus taxes (times 3.2%, times 20%, add £11). The total came to £2,950. I did include the shipping with the taxes as that is how it has been applied to me in the past.

On these figures I could save £150 on the K88, based on the deal I have at the moment. However, I have also negotiated other items as part of the deal, which are quite heavy. So, it is likely that the same deal with Nova may not save any money at all, for me.

I'm glad you are happy with your deal and it seems that each and everyone must calculate thier individual benefit should they purchase overseas.

As a matter of interest, how much (or what percentage) were you charged for the currency exchange?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: